Sign in to follow this  
rjack1282

P3D and nvidia g-sync?

I posted this topic in the monitors, etc. forum a few days ago but had no replies.  Mods please leave this topic here so I can get feedback from the P3D guys.

Has anyone successfully used g-sync with P3D or have any opinions on whether or not it should/could work with P3D's windowed fullscreen mode?  Anyone using g-sync for FSX or XPX?

Ryan

Hi, I'm using a g-sync monitor in p3dv2, but I don't think it works because it's not true full screen.

Regards

James

Intel 10900k @ 5.1 HT on, Nvidia 3090, 32GB RAM @3800mhz, 1TB NVME Drive (P3Dv5.1), 1440p 48' Ultrawide Monitor.

Yeah, G-sync only works on true full screen, sadly.

It made a huge difference in the fluidity/smoothness in FSX in full screen mode (as long as you get 30 fps or more), but I still prefer P3D.

The only solution is for LM to make P3D run in true full screen or for Nvidia to make G-sync work in windowed mode.

I don't know which is more likely to happen...

Kay Morten Magelie no.png

Try the latest NVidia drivers 353.06 read info below;

GeForce Game Ready Driver
" In addition, this new Game Ready driver provides a number of new gaming features and benefits based around G-SYNC technology, Dynamic Super Resolution, and enhancements for the latest new titles."

Gaming Technology
Supports G-SYNC technology in windowed mode, offers both G-SYNC (V-SYNC on) and G-SYNC (V-SYNC off) options, support for Ultra-Low Motion Blur (ULMB) in the NVIDIA Control Panel, provides Dynamic Super Resolution (DSR) for notebooks with discrete GeForce GPUs, and optimizations and bug fixes which can provide increased performance for Kepler-based GPUs.

Regards
Jannie Roelofse

Flight1 Software Project Manager

FWIW I recently bought a G-SYNC monitor to see if it would help with my P3D stutters. It didn't in my case, so I'll return it soon. 

As soon as I turn on avionics on the more complex aircraft I'm getting pretty serious stutters, even with G-SYNC on and without ever going below 30 FPS. With the most basic aircraft like the extra 300S I can run pretty smooth.

Hi guys,

I bought yesterday G-SYNC monitor (Acer X280B) and  i want to say i'm speechless :huh:. I set NCP to default and rebuild new cfg. It's amazing. Very smothness. I have never seen such a big difference. I use rez 1920 * 1080 beacause with native rez 3840 * 2160 i have stutters like as beafore with my "normal" monitor

Banner_MJC9.png

Today is the most beautiful day of my life...

I just got my Acer XB270HU and it has eliminated Track-IR stutter while panning.

I have spent years trying to get rid of this specific stuttering, finally...

Ryzen 5800X3D, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, Windows 10

From what I have been reading, G-SYNC only shows its positive effects whilst achieving over 30 FPS. For me, I have my frames locked at 30 and struggle to keep over 25 at major airports. What have your experiences been with this?

Best regards,

Alexander Rietveld

I run the sim at Unlimited and lock externally with Nvidia Inspector at 45 and it works great.

I run the sim at Unlimited and lock externally with Nvidia Inspector at 45 and it works great.

From what set up did you come from before your new monitor?

Is there a massive difference in smoothness?

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

I've used a 30 inch HP monitor, which is very immersive but recently I had a Dell U2415 1920x1200 and it was a pain to set up and get vsync working correctly. The biggest problem was always Track-ir which needs around 40 fps to feel smooth with my custom profile.

There is a noticeable difference in smoothness of head movement but if you don't use Track-ir, I don't think it's worth it, unless you also play a lot of games that require vsync or have the money to spare. Gsync combined with 45fps locked has eliminated Track-ir stutter for me. Gsync will not help with sim engine stutter, which is a different thing completely.

Thanks, this was exactly what I was hoping for. I'm currently saving up for a gsync monitor and couldn't fly without my TrackIR, so great news.

How is running totally unlocked, both in sim and Inspector? Shouldn't that be even better with gsync, or does it stutter more?

Update - I just found out that G-Sync only works above 30fps.

If you go below that, you won't see any benefit.