Sign in to follow this  
Carob

FSX Vehicle Speeds

Hello.

I'm hoping someone can answer a question or two for me regarding the vehicle speeds in FSX.

From what I've been able to find out the speeds can be changed to something a bit more realistic.  However, I want to make sure I have my facts straight.

If I've understood what I've seen correctly, adjusting the "max_speed_mph" value in the .cfg files of the items only adjusted the speeds for the airport vehicles and changes nothing for highway traffic.  Is that correct?

I found the document written by David Marshall that talks about how to change the speeds but using a much more complicated method.  One I'd rather not try if I don't have to.

Can anyone shed some light on this subject for me?

Thanks!

The link didn't work but I found it.  However, it says this only affects highway traffic and not airport vehicles.  The airport vehicles are the worst.

This link doesn't seem to work and I can't locate whatever this is.

I did manage to find that the Flusifix program for FSX does seem to control this as well.  Does anyone have any results from using that?

I have Flusifix and have used it to slow down the airport vehicles.  I also use the Highway traffic slowdown

file to slow my traffic to about 50MPH.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

I have Flusifix and have used it to slow down the airport vehicles.  I also use the Highway traffic slowdown

file to slow my traffic to about 50MPH.

So Flusifix only controls airport vehicles?

The link didn't work but I found it.  However, it says this only affects highway traffic and not airport vehicles.  The airport vehicles are the worst.

This link doesn't seem to work and I can't locate whatever this is.

I did manage to find that the Flusifix program for FSX does seem to control this as well.  Does anyone have any results from using that?

Hi Carob i just clicked on the link,seems to be ok.

So Flusifix only controls airport vehicles?

As far as I recall, there should be an option to slow down highway tarffic as well.

According to the instructions for FSX vehicle traffic Flusifix will deal with any vehicle in your SimObjects/Groundvehicles folder.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

As far as I recall, there should be an option to slow down highway tarffic as well.

I checked out the option in the program and there is only a single setting.  It doesn't say what the setting exactly controls though.

According to the instructions for FSX vehicle traffic Flusifix will deal with any vehicle in your SimObjects/Vehicles folder.

Where did you find that?  I didn't see anything about that.

This function allows you to adapt the ground vehicle speed in (per cent) to you your personal preferences. The speed can be decreased from 100% to 50% in 10 point steps. Unlike all other existing tweaks for speed changes FlusiFix includes all vehicles. This ensures that the speed differences between the various vehicles will remain the same.

In case you install an add-on with vehicles after you adapted the speed here, you should change the speed to any other value, save the change and convert back to the original value. With this procedure you include newly installed vehicles in your preferred speed. This works only if the vehicles had been installed into the 'GroundVehicle' folder!

When starting this function for the first time a window with the following, important note will appear:

In case you have adapted the speed of add-on vehicles installed in the 'GroundVehicles' folder yourself already, you will have to reset these values back to their original setting before using this function. Otherwise FlusiFix could not calculate the correct values for these vehicles and the default settings would also be wrong. If you had changed the speed for stock vehicles before using this function, FlusiFix will implement the necessary changes automatically.

It is strongly recommended that you follow this advice. This window can be recalled any time by clicking on the question mark.

If you need a picture of this, I'll do a screenshot of Flusifix in action.

Charlie Aron

I didn't see the following reference listed in this thread (sorry if I missed it). It's a refernce from Microsoft on the subject of this thread (Aiprot Vehicle, and other traffic):

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc526977.aspx

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.