Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[16JAN15] Update 2 - FSX:SE - Compatibility Update

Captains,

Okay- tonight we have some good news!

Earlier this afternoon, we completed the update that was required to the core logic of the PMDG Operations Center, thus allowing it to be able to manage your PMDG product installations even if you choose to have both FSX and FSX:SE installed at the same time.

The OC previously wasn't capable of this, as a failure of imagination here at PMDG caused us not to imagine that there might come a day when such functionality would be necessary.  :mellow:

Now that we have the OC behaving as expected, focus returned to prepping the first installer set, which will culminate in an update for the PMDG 777-200LR/F and PMDG 777-300ER products in order to make them fully compatible with both FSX and FSX:SE.

I anticipate pushing this new installer test out to our beta team on Friday morning, and we are currently planning to give them the weekend to work with it, run it through installation and de-installation, and of course putting the airplane itself through it's paces to be certain that we haven't inadvertently broken any functionality during the updates that were required to make the 777 compatible with FSX:SE.

If all goes well, we anticipate pushing the updated 777 out to you early in the week, possibly as soon as Monday.  (Disclaimer: Monday is not a deadline... if it happens to be Wednesday... so be it...)

Now that the 777 has been updated, we will be turning our attention to converting the NGX and the J41 so that all of our modern product series will be dual-compatible with FSX and FSX:SE.

At that time, we will give some attention to the MD-11X and the 400X to see what can be done for installation simplicity with those two products- and then I will be returning my attention full time to getting the P3D version of the 777 into beta testing, and the 400v2.0 of course, and...and...and....

Okay- I am back to working conversions...  

Stay tuned for more information as we have it.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Great news! While I enjoy all the addons that still work in FSX, it will be good to have dual-functionality.

Thank you also for making this a simple patch/update. Your time is appreciated!

Great news Robert!

I've been holding off installing the SE version I bought when it was released....Because even "I" can afford 5 bucks for FSX! LOL

Now I have a reason to install it.  :wink:

And now you go and tell us that P3D is looking good also...all at the time when I'm FINALLY upgrading my system to handle "ANY" platform.

With all these choices I may have to give up painting the 777 (and 747 when she hits my paintshop) for just flying...unless PMDG can also model another 24 hours of sim time per day into their products! :Hypnotized:

Thanks for the dilemma Robert!  (No really....thanks, hehe) 

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

God bless you Mr. Robert. . .You, da man. I love to watch you (plural) work your magic on these things.

Well done.

I bet you guys welcomed FSX:SE in the same way DELL welcomed Windows VISTA in 2006.

Its a pointless distraction technically, although hopefully SE will open up the product to a few new enthusiasts....

However, I wonder how quickly "the masses" will tire of FSX and it's required "dwell time" to get it working on new hardware acceptably.

Introducing FSX:SE - you too can enjoy FPS OCD, and sit in your VC for hours on the ground wondering why vertical sync wont work ;)

Great news indeed. Just spent my money on your products yesterday for FSX:SE

Kelvin Wan

WSSS

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

vafs_status.php?cs=SVAG1110

The OC previously wasn't capable of this, as a failure of imagination here at PMDG caused us not to imagine that there might come a day when such functionality would be necessary.  :mellow:

This is definitely DTG's fault. Don't think it is yours as you never knew the SE version will be incompatible with PMDG products

Have already tested some heavy hitters at CYVR/orbx and the VAS saving has to be read to be believed. Really looking forward to testing the 777 , see if it breaks anything  :o

ZORAN

... and X-Plane!

... and then I will be returning my attention full time to getting the P3D version of the 777 into beta testing, and the 400v2.0 of course, and...and...and....

Robert, just a quick (I hope!) question. I have the MD11X on DVD (I think Amazon UK were selling it cheap.) Will it be possible to install that in FSX-SE? I can see that this could be a problem just wondered if you thought it could be done?

Iain Smith