Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[16JAN15] Update 2 - FSX:SE - Compatibility Update

so when will Black Socks X be updated for FSX:SE?!! :)

Looking forward to getting my PMDG goodness back in FSX:SE.

Great news the update will be ready soon (will be waiting in anticipation for the 737 NGX).

Could I ask if FS2Crew has been tested with the FSX:SE realease yet?

Gents-

We are pretty comfortable the PMDG 777-200LR/F and PMDG 777-300ER are now fully dual qualified in FSX and FSXSE.

I just pushed final versions out to the testers and if they find nothing horribly wrong you can anticipate us making them live to you on Wednesday afternoon sometime.

I will also have a couple of news items you wont want to miss...  No matter which sim platform you like.

(Really..  you guys would argue that wearing blue socks is better than wearing black socks...  Every sim platform has pluses and minuses- and the only opinion that matters is the person who decides what to install on his/her machine....  Our goal at PMDG is to be the sim-provider of choice to everyone... all they have to do is like airplanes....  Okay?  Stop bickering with one another, please!)

PMDG for X-plane 10 !!!! Yeah....Oh wait. It was just a dream...

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

If I ONLY have FSX:SE installed, do I need to wait for the new NGX installer to come out before I purchase, or can I buy today and install and be ok?

If I ONLY have FSX:SE installed, do I need to wait for the new NGX installer to come out before I purchase, or can I buy today and install and be ok?

Well, If I were you, I would wait until the installer is updated, because after purchase, you will be able to download it for 7 days, but you can buy it straight away. Don't forget to sign your post with your full name, otherwise it will be deleted.

It would be best to wait to be sure. As David mentioned, it's a forum requirement to have your full name in posts. Please do so in the future.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi....maybe missed this somewhere in the forums.....If I have the PMDG 777 already installed into FSX, could I also install the same files into FSX:SE or must I first de-register the FSX install? Thanks.

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

Hi....maybe missed this somewhere in the forums.....If I have the PMDG 777 already installed into FSX, could I also install the same files into FSX:SE or must I first de-register the FSX install? Thanks.

Peter,

The new installer will be dual compatible, which means that you can use PMDG 777 for Flight Simulator X Boxed version and Flight Simulator X Steam Edition. So I see no reason to de-register it. If you install it to Flight Simulator X Steam Edition, it will use the same license file. Don't need to worry about de-registering it.

It would be best to wait to be sure.

Ooops,

I got the 777(Aerosoft DVD) package for christmas, and got the 777 expansion pack and 737NGX base + exp today direct from PMDG.

Does that mean i am in trouble or just that i have to wait longer for the update.

Doesn't realy matter, i have to wait for ASN anyway before i reinstall everything to FSX:SE

btw you guys do build some superb aircraft models.

Thanks David for the reply.....

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

I've used it for a couple hours and see absolutely no difference between it and FSX out of the box.

Hi Dan,

My own experience thus far is FSX-SE is much more stable than the boxed edition, plus I've yet to have an OOM on FSX-SE whereas I was receiving those consistently on the boxed edition, even after a clean installation.

Someone posted an interesting video in another thread with a side-by-side comparison

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUxjBd4xz58

Regards,

Stevan