Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[16JAN15] Update 2 - FSX:SE - Compatibility Update

Zoran,

Many thanks for your video - very informative! I have both FSX-SE and FSX box but I am considering to wipe out one of them from my PC - probably FSX box for obvious reasons. But of course I am kind of reluctant because I have so many addons and tweaks/changes in FSX....

Did you keep both versions? Do you foresee any reason for not getting rid of FSX box?

Thanks

Edmundo Azevedo

The only reason FOR NOW would be Active Sky Next, but they are actively working on it.

Olivier Girard

Zoran,

Many thanks for your video - very informative! I have both FSX-SE and FSX box but I am considering to wipe out one of them from my PC - probably FSX box for obvious reasons. But of course I am kind of reluctant because I have so many addons and tweaks/changes in FSX....

Did you keep both versions? Do you foresee any reason for not getting rid of FSX box?

Thanks

I didn't keep both as there was no reason and DX10 fixer will only work with one. I found the transition painless minus one or two hiccups and I have a ton of add ons. The biggest surprise is zero tweaks, and I know its hard to believe it, I didn't either..

ZORAN

Thanks for your input. I will certainly make the plunge in a not too distant future....

Edmundo Azevedo

The biggest surprise is zero tweaks, and I know its hard to believe it, I didn't either..

This was one of my main reasons to get the Steam edition as well.

I think we can all agree that no matter which platform you choose, FSX or FSX:SE, the addons will be available for both. I have read a lot of reviews, many pluses and minuses. PMDG is doing the community a favour, lets let them continue on, bring more people in. Who know's, one day, their products could be going great in multiplayer. Keep up the great work PMDG.

Hope the testing on the installer goes smoothly by the Dev team. Can we expect them to release the installer by tomorrow?

Kelvin Wan

WSSS

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

vafs_status.php?cs=SVAG1110

Looking forward to returning to the virtual skies in the 738, it has been almost two years since my last flight. The 777 looks great also, I just happen to have the cash and renewed interest to acquire that model as well.

Gents-

We are pretty comfortable the PMDG 777-200LR/F and PMDG 777-300ER are now fully dual qualified in FSX and FSXSE.

I just pushed final versions out to the testers and if they find nothing horribly wrong you can anticipate us making them live to you on Wednesday afternoon sometime.

I will also have a couple of news items you wont want to miss...  No matter which sim platform you like.

(Really..  you guys would argue that wearing blue socks is better than wearing black socks...  Every sim platform has pluses and minuses- and the only opinion that matters is the person who decides what to install on his/her machine....  Our goal at PMDG is to be the sim-provider of choice to everyone... all they have to do is like airplanes....  Okay?  Stop bickering with one another, please!)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

all they have to do is like airplanes

Seems easy enough.

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

I will also have a couple of news items you wont want to miss... No matter which sim platform you like.

For the record, black socks are the going thing :P

Now does this mean we may be getting some XP news aw well? I would assume (and pray) through the quote that multi-platform talk includes more than the Microsoft variety