Sign in to follow this  
JanekBln

S550 with ISG FMS

Janek, you sir are a life-saver ....or at least a product saver  lol

I would like to order this gauge package (I see its available on simmarket) but I dont have FS  Panel and, if I'm honest, a novice at the nitty gritty of installs and config panel mods.  Using your config that you were nice enough to post, is the install relatively easy to do? Also - is there anything in this package that makes the autopilot work anything like an autopilot is supposed to? 

Also - I'm dying to know what sort of Global you've constructed - been looking for one thats desecent (or a G5 which I understand Gulfstream for some reason won't allow) so please let me know what you've managed to whup up??

Lastly - the ability for these gauges & FMS (if i understand you correctly) to use Navigraph data would be awesome!  I'm a corporate pilot based in SE Asia, I still sim mostly for fun but I like to run the SIDS/STARS/APPRs for places we go sometimes just to stay up on them.  If the 500- II and the Global can do that??  AWESOME!!!

I would like to order this gauge package (I see its available on simmarket) but I dont have FS Panel and, if I'm honest, a novice at the nitty gritty of installs and config panel mods. Using your config that you were nice enough to post, is the install relatively easy to do? Also - is there anything in this package that makes the autopilot work anything like an autopilot is supposed to?

I installed it from Janek's guide and it was easy - just a matter of taking a backup copy of the Panel config then replacing it with the entire text provided.

The autopilot flies well once switched to FMC guidance.  VNAV will accept only one altude route target at once.

I'm really happy with it as it is - and I'm looking forward to Janek's promissed enhancements.

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

BREAKING NEWS

I am proud to announce to them that I have made considerable progress in integrated ISG. I still shake hands in front of excitement. IN PFD, it is now possible to display when LNAV LNAV is activated via the ISG. In the INfo chart is now the takeoff and climb data as well as the current GW directly in the window. LNAV VNAV the buttons are now color matched with matching ON picture.

First Picture

7mg6lgbqtdon.jpg

second Picture

mfpg88zcg2hz.jpg

My wife will kill me yet. But it must go further. sorry my english is not native tongue;-)

I must first go to bed, then I install the VNAV FMA on the PFD. And more ideas I have in my head.

Thanks ISG for making that possible, special to Ernie Alston.

-EDIT-

Also - I'm dying to know what sort of Global you've constructed - been looking for one thats desecent (or a G5 which I understand Gulfstream for some reason won't allow) so please let me know what you've managed to whup up??

Lastly - the ability for these gauges & FMS (if i understand you correctly) to use Navigraph data would be awesome! I'm a corporate pilot based in SE Asia, I still sim mostly for fun but I like to run the SIDS/STARS/APPRs for places we go sometimes just to stay up on them. If the 500- II and the Global can do that?? AWESOME!!!

Yes youre correct it is supported by Navigraph with full SID and STAR.

GLEX my project is still sleeping on my hard drive, but it is not dead. I'll keep you up to date

Thank you for doing this Janek.  I had been looking to do this myself and your solution is much nicer than I've been able to do.  I only wish Carenado had been smart enough to contact Ernie from the get-go and just license his Universal FMS and put their model on top of it instead of the FSX GPS.

Chris Trott

+1 - briiliant - can't wait for next instalment!

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

I've added more things to my list. For example:

*add std baro knob for the altimeter

*vor2 crs selectable

*default vspeed at alt arm set to zero

*vnav and lnav (pfd) must disappear if FD is off

*dme 1 and 2 indication must be separated via the 2 dme receiver

*try to add hdg indication (numbers) in the ISG ND

Absolutely brilliant. The GNS-XLs is defiantly one of those FMSs you would expect to see in an airplane of this age. Your refinement of getting the ISG1 into this product is an excellent option for those who don't own the GTN 750.

Maybe I missed it but are you offering this as a download?

Thanks Dean - I'm currently trying to get some sim quirks worked out of both FSX and P3D on my machine (I'm an expat living in Bangkok, I had a computer built here and they started off with foreign language mis-sets which wreaked havoc initially - got those resolved but its still freezing up on me and doing odd things to textures like Eaglesoft Citation X for example, MFD screens freeze up) but once I get those worked out I definitely want to do the corrections that have been worked out here so far.  Never ceases to amaze me the dedication of flight simmers!! 

BREAKING NEWS

I am proud to announce to them that I have made considerable progress in integrated ISG. I still shake hands in front of excitement. IN PFD, it is now possible to display when LNAV LNAV is activated via the ISG. In the INfo chart is now the takeoff and climb data as well as the current GW directly in the window. LNAV VNAV the buttons are now color matched with matching ON picture.

First Picture

7mg6lgbqtdon.jpg

second Picture

mfpg88zcg2hz.jpg

My wife will kill me yet. But it must go further. sorry my english is not native tongue;-)

I must first go to bed, then I install the VNAV FMA on the PFD. And more ideas I have in my head.

Thanks ISG for making that possible, special to Ernie Alston.

-EDIT-

Yes youre correct it is supported by Navigraph with full SID and STAR.

GLEX my project is still sleeping on my hard drive, but it is not dead. I'll keep you up to date

Awesome, can't wait to see what you come up with!  and it goes without saying but thanks for all the work you've done to make the C-II a much more enjoyable plane to fly!

Damn - also have to learn how this quote/multi-quote reply thing works  lol

Hi Janek

Amazing work. I purchased the S550 a few days ago. I think I prefer the ISG instalation over the GTN. Two questions before I buy the ISG.

1. I see your panel config to fit the ISG. But what about all these extra functionalities your adding. How do we all get those???

2. The chart with take off landing climb and cruise performance. Where does that come from? 

1. I see your panel config to fit the ISG. But what about all these extra functionalities your adding. How do we all get those???

They're gauges, so when Janek finishes the work and makes the new suite available, you just add them to the FSX/Gauges folder, or the Citation II's Panel folder (makes no difference).  And then make the edits to the panel.cfg and you're off.

Next items done,

*Now LNAV and VNAV can be armed (white) or activ (green)

*I have resized the font in the PFD all AP FMA and RAD ALT, its now in bold looks more sharper in VC

*HDG and CRS indication bottom left, crs signal appears only on valid VOR1. Hdg display is not as real, but I need it (maybe it can be selected off)

htjxbb37iexe.jpg

9saoj1ntvox.jpg

so now off duty until tomorrow

They're gauges, so when Janek finishes the work and makes the new suite available, you just add them to the FSX/Gauges folder, or the Citation II's Panel folder (makes no difference).  And then make the edits to the panel.cfg and you're off.

Ahhhh I see now. Thanks for the reply Craig. And thanks to Janek for all your wonderful work. Presumably I could add the IGS now using Janeks config posted earlier and the IGS would function. And then await the completion of the gauges ?

With a working FMS and inter grated avionics, and performance data the Carenado S550 will actually be a very cool business jet. If the members here can fix the other problems like climb perf VS dial and ITT it will be a amazing add on. To bad Carenado didn't release it as one

Yes it works well now with his original guidance.

Make sure you read the pdf guides especially for FMC and MCU. They are in ISG folder and will help you press buttons in the right order!

MCU should accept data input (like altitudes and Direct To's by arrow clicks or keyboard (after pressing special key). Mine won't read recognise keyboard- any ideas anyone?

Janek. Thanks again. Is there any way to locate the MCU in virtual panel anywhere?

Dean