Sign in to follow this  
JanekBln

S550 with ISG FMS

Nice shoots, as I can see there is a red light ;-)

The letters in the Annunciation Panels are too small, I'm trying to create a popup. Then you have not zoom when a warning lights comes on.

Just a question for the S550 experts, is there a yaw damper indication (YD) in the pfd (EADI) like the AP indication in real life?

I think about to add this.....

the red light is because I opened the door to throw out my VISA statement

causing a loss of cabin pressure

I have a key-shortcut via EZDOK to zoom into the main panel area

there is no YD indicator taht I can see and there is an AP indicator

I have an UHD monitor so the small letters are readable

Yes i try it too, the door opens with beautiful sound :o

I also use opus camera setting also, but as popup is also useful. To open and close just click on the annu.panel , no big deal. No YD ind. roger, thanks.

I check the sp1 on compatibility.

Last pic for me, enough....

(ANNU test on)

bj2owg6ioegn.jpg

In my experience (at least in any turboprop or jet I've flown in real life) you can have HDG active(in green), or LNAV active (in green) but noth both simultaneously as both are lateral guidance modes.  LNAV follows course cues (GPS or FMS: normally VOR usually has its own designation) whereas HDG simply follows the direction set via the hdg cue (or typed into certain FMSs like the Universal 1K or 1L for example)  LNAV is armable (white), HDG is not - HDG when activated becomes the lateral mode, replacing any other when it's selected.  Most FMS's will also default to ROLL if HDG is selected, then de-selected. 

I'm just wondering how ISG has this set up? 

Yes you're correct.   But in the ISG package it's simply a limitation of the sim.  In other words ISG creates it's own routing, which is activated via the LNAV button - but in order for the ISG suite to take over the lateral control of the aircraft in FSX, it requires the latter to be in HDG mode.

Yes you're correct.   But in the ISG package it's simply a limitation of the sim.  In other words ISG creates it's own routing, which is activated via the LNAV button - but in order for the ISG suite to take over the lateral control of the aircraft in FSX, it requires the latter to be in HDG mode.

Ahh ... Well that explains that lol  Which is fine, that is a very small price to pay for the bennies of the ISG suite overall - I really love what Janek has done with it.  In fact I'm aobut to order it - is there a clear definitive way for install and modification of the ISG components?  There've been some changes since it was 1st tried so ...wanna make sure I do the latest & greatest.

The current stuff in th eplane is maddening - the FMS (so called) is awful and the autopilot just does odd things.  ALT hold ...doesn't.  Alt Arm ...doesnt on climbouts but seems to on descents.  And I get an uncommanded climb (VSI bug rolls right on up to 1500 fpm) when the plane crosses any waypoint in the FMS.  Cross it and up she goes.  Last flight I tried it was doing uncommanded descewnts at each crossing.  And VNAV is not functional with it, so I dunno what its doing.  Is there an autopilot to use anywhere that behaves as even a 2-axis AP is supposed to?

I just did a quick flight, Bangkok to Phuket after installing the SP!.  Engine numbers and climb above 20k is much improved (I was at mid-weights and got up to 380, albeit slowly from aobut 33k on up which is right on)   There's just so much to like about this model visually, it hand flies great and ground taxi is sweet - I really hope the collective changes come together because this could be a very likeable machine. 

Just a question for the S550 experts, is there a yaw damper indication (YD) in the pfd (EADI) like the AP indication in real life?
I think about to add this.....

Not an S550 thing but a Universal EFI-550 thing. Unfortunately I have the EFI-890R as opposed to the EFI-550 and I do not have the pilot manual for the EFI-550s so I been looking at the EFI-550s by comparing images and my knowledge of the EFI-890. The AP/YD is not something I have found online in the EADI but, based on my use of Universal Avionics yes YD should illuminate on the EFI-550 when YD is engaged. The SPZ-500 has the ability to send that signal to the avionics. 

YD should engage with AP. You can turn off the AP and leave the YD on or you can turn on the YD without the AP but you cannot turn on the AP without the YD. If you try to turn off YD with the AP engaged the AP will disengage. (The disengaging of the AP by deselecting the YD is not specifically discussed in the Sperry manual, however since the YD is the Yaw channel for the AP this follows the logic of the system and is how it works in other systems with separate AP/YD. i.e. Collins APS-65.)

Do we have the option of using the AP/TRIM DISC switch should one want to have the AP on but YD off?  I can't think of many reasons why one would not want to use the YD in flight.

Regards,

Ray

YD.JPG

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Do we have the option of using the AP/TRIM DISC switch should one want to have the AP on but YD off?  I can't think of many reasons why one would not want to use the YD in flight.

Regards,

Ray

Hi,

mhm good idea, but there is no button on the yoke. Seems carenado has not modeled. I hope I have understood the question.

Little things I've fixed today:   FD off, turns now LNAV / VNAV Button and EADI indication off as well. AP light test connectet to LNAV / VNAV. SP1 works good no errors with ISG.

But small things can cause headache :unsure:

--EDIT---  I try to disappear HDG indication when LNAV is activ, looks more realistic.

--2nd EDIT-- done ;-)

yuww8l4dt69.jpg

4bua25lssx.jpg

edited enough....

Now going back in my S550 seat to perform some test flights :rolleyes:

No, we certainly don't need the YD off switch mounted on the yoke. Now it would be nice for those without hardware yokes or flight sticks to have AP and Trim on the yoke. I have hardware so it is no problem for me. These long wings and large tail on the S/II require lots of trim.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Hello
last message before you can send me a PM for the mod.

Recent changes:
* HDG ind. disappears when LNAV activated (both EADI and display for the selected heading, it turns back if LNAV shut off)
* LNAV can be activated without HDG, but should be turned off HDG then LNAV FAIL appears in the mode selector and LNAV is white in the EADI,
see picture below.  This is a limitation of isg, the HDG and LNAV must be enabled. But with the MOD can be seen that no longer it looks like the real plane. HDG FAIL I have worked if someone shuts HDG. If you shuts LNAV down without HDG then AP turn automatic in HDG mode.

I hope it is understandable.....if not, no panic i put a explanation with pictures as PDF to. And yes Berts anti skid and vsi file will be there.

See here for the LNAV FAIL in yellow on the mode selector, and LNAV arm in EADI (reason is HDG turns off but LNAV still engage) not standart but better for informatin witch mode is aktiv.

zw7fovvz7x1.jpg

Next shows all ext. panels witch can be open with a clickspot in the VC (look at the mode selector no longer HDG ind. when LNAV is activ)

jt2bpi81u9ku.jpg

at least a in flight shot

nlbrui4uuhqs.jpg

I love that bird, its only a mod for ISG users to make this Airplane more realistic. Time to say thank you Carenado.

Please not expect the mod in the next 24 hours, my shift plan looks very bad.

Have Fun

V 1.1 now available via mail.

*add new klickspot location for users with "Panel reflections" on and some trouble

*Installation Instructions updated

Please report if you have any issues via PM.

Have a good flight......

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

V 1.1 now available via mail.

*add new klickspot location for users with "Panel reflections" on and some trouble

*Installation Instructions updated

Please report if you have any issues via PM.

Have a good flight......

Yes please Janek - I would very much like to get your version 1.1 :)

I installed this and I can't believe the improvements Janek has made.

If you like Citation and FMC flying then get ISG FMC / GUAGES. - massive improvement in FMC and the clear guages.

Then PM Janek for his mods.

In my opinion this is a massive improvement.

Everything is clearer and the joy of importing a long flight plan!

Well done and thanks again Janek.

Thanks Dean,

if no error appears in V1.1 then i try to add new features like:

*add TOGA function (CJJockey made the note)

*automatic V1 VR V2 callouts (implement a freeware gauge, adapted to S550)

*automatic Vapp Vref annunciation

*standby horizon power logic

*add panel.cfg for users with GTN and ISG in use (CJJockey give me some variables, i dont have the GTN)

---EDIT---(I like editing)

*set ALT SEL function standart VS to 0 instead of 500, done! (i dont know if its real, any feedback is welcome)

*ALT ARM in EADI visible with Ap off, done!

I do not know what all of it really is possible, but i try it maybe with help :rolleyes:

It takes time, leans back and enjoy your citation :P hopefully with isg fms

Cheers

Thanks Janek! Installed your mods today ... was a breeze!

Then had a ball this afternoon flying YMML (Melbourne) to YPAD (Adelaide), YPAG (Port Augusta) and YSSY (Sydney), up to FL390. Flew the approaches by hand mostly, since I'm still learning how to operate that FMS, but the CII makes it an absolute pleasure. Flies just like my Baby Baron, just faster B)

Ladies and Gentlemen,

with respect to the real manual (thanks to the spender), i have rebuild a part of the AP modeselector and AP logic!

whats new?

*VNAV shows now CAP and ARM (like the real Plane)

*LNAV shows now 1 or 2 depents on local day of the week (the real plane switches also between 1 and 2)

*ALT SEL set now VS zero; with VNAV on, the descent starts on TOD automatic

*ALT in EADI now visible with AP off but FD on

The solution with local day is under construction, but it works first. I work on a random generator to make this more better.

Expect this in V1.2 possibly next week, depends from my wife and work schedule.

CJJockey send my a lot of real data and knowledge to implement in the S550. Thanks to all supporters.

Pics from VNAV CAP ARM and LNAV 1 and 2

ut11w1jn9tp.jpg

myeuvxb1yybp.jpg

Happy landings

Janek