Sign in to follow this  
JanekBln

S550 with ISG FMS

Hello,

it uses only default VS with level off at points that you have set. Craig I send you a new set to your mailbox....

Ah ok, thanks.

(+ thanks for the new set!)  :smile:

Hello,

it uses only default VS with level off at points that you have set. Craig I send you a new set to your mailbox....

Any chance to get your vspeeds placard gauges separately from the whole pack?

Been flying this bird a bit with Janeks mods and Carenado's patch.  Performance is better - even at gross weight I can get to mid thirties (albeit slowly climb-rate wise obove about 32,000 or so, but that's fine and from what I'm reading - realistic) 

The ISG gauges are much easier to read, a definite improvement.  The FMS is a bit quirky (sort of uses a Univeral-style menu system but it's not wholly user-friendly - but if you follow the instructions for its particulars of operation its not bad) and best of all it runs up to date Navigraph data, which i like.  Janeks tweeks have been a huge help.

Pressurization system is a disaster - alt set knob is stubbornly slow, you get false hi alt warnings and the pressurization rate defaults at 10 ft/min hahahahahhaaa!  I can't get it to adjust either - it's a joke.

What's driving me absolutely insane though is the auto-pilot - it is literally the WORST I've ever seen in an aircraft, pay ware or otherwise.  It simply makes no sense - you press HDG and you should get HEADING, simple as that.  Not with this - if you're in LNAV NAV (flown a lot of airplanes in real life, never seen that particular annunciation before before but that's what it is in the Carenado bird) - and you still don't simply get heading.  The heading bug when in NAV automatically leads whatever the course in the FMS is - another 1st.  You load a SID in the FMS, the Needle shows the course of the particular points of the SID as you fly it - but the MFD map does not - it seems to show the basic airport to 1st waypoint of the fltplan, irrespective of a SID added later.  

I'm wondering - is there no free ware or payware autopilot that could be installed?  Even FS's base autopilot logic would be better than this.  Thankfully Janek added click-spots to the VSI gauge so that its easier to control rate of climb/descent - most of the time I simply follow the course line in heading mode  and use VS as needed. 

Tried to couple up to an ILS - heading bug decided once APP mode was activated to just kind of do its own thing and turn the plane in the opposite direction.  AP off and hand fly it, FD is worthless as it doesnt follow the ILS anyway so its always a visual ending to any flight with this thing.

Some solid, realistic AP language would do wonders for this now that at least some of this planes MANY faults have been tweeked.  But as of now, nice as it looks and as nice as some of the mods have been .. its still a sadly frustrating experience.

But hey - what do you expect for $85  lol  (plane plus ISG)

Janek - Bert - please save us  lol

Hello usflyer

I send you a PM, maybe it helps.

The interception from the Ap on a loc or Nav track is still very bad. I try to experiment with new pid controller data, please be patient.

Expect ISG MOD V1.2 this week, with better AP logic, new EADI indication like the real books and toga logic. But ISG logic can't be changed by me :-( only a little bit of tuning is possible. Bert and I we are in contact.

Cheers

What's driving me absolutely insane though is the auto-pilot - it is literally the WORST I've ever seen in an aircraft, pay ware or otherwise.  It simply makes no sense - you press HDG and you should get HEADING, simple as that.  Not with this - if you're in LNAV NAV (flown a lot of airplanes in real life, never seen that particular annunciation before before but that's what it is in the Carenado bird) - and you still don't simply get heading.  The heading bug when in NAV automatically leads whatever the course in the FMS is - another 1st. 

What your seeing and describing here is nothing to do with the Carenado side of the design - it's a limitation of the ISG gauges. Their NAV capabilities can only work (and take over from the Carenado systems), if the aircraft's AP is first in HDG mode.    ISG's LNAV function works by 'kidnapping' the heading bug and setting it to a course that achieves the LNAV route.

Hence, ISG's LNAV must be set in combination with the aircraft AP's HDG mode.

Hello usflyer

I send you a PM, maybe it helps.

The interception from the Ap on a loc or Nav track is still very bad. I try to experiment with new pid controller data, please be patient.

Expect ISG MOD V1.2 this week, with better AP logic, new EADI indication like the real books and toga logic. But ISG logic can't be changed by me :-( only a little bit of tuning is possible. Bert and I we are in contact.

Cheers

Hey Janek

Got and installed the files you sent - thanks!!!  It still is a bit different (but as Craig explains above, this has to do with ISG logic and such which is understandable) but even so, the plane for the 1st time is truly flyable!  Love the latest tweeks on the display (Can read clearly the VSI set and the descent "green banana" is a nice touch and very useful!)  Just did a quick hop from Bangkok to Phuket, including SID (Sabai1) and STAR (MODON1C) and it worked pretty well.  Oddly there were a few waypoints in the arrival that were out of place, but easily deleted and overall it was honestly a good flight. 

Thanks so much, I was getting pretty frustrated but these latest changes make a big difference.  Can't wait to see 1.2!!  But even so, you've made a terrible flying plane not only flyable but dare I say it enjoyable??  You da man!

Thanks again!

Steve

What your seeing and describing here is nothing to do with the Carenado side of the design - it's a limitation of the ISG gauges. Their NAV capabilities can only work (and take over from the Carenado systems), if the aircraft's AP is first in HDG mode.    ISG's LNAV function works by 'kidnapping' the heading bug and setting it to a course that achieves the LNAV route.

Hence, ISG's LNAV must be set in combination with the aircraft AP's HDG mode.

Hi Craig

Thanks for the clarification, which makes sense when you watch how the lateral NAV portion plays out.  Frankly the "heading hijack" is fine, albeit a bit different, it's just learning the sequence you need to do to get it to do what you want I guess that's sometimes not easy to see.  But in the end, long as ya get where you're going with no surprises, all is good :)

Steve

Captains,

please checks your mailboxes for news from ISG mod B)

Just for you to remember ISG can read PFPX Flightplans, save it as Qualitywings then load your S550.

Cheers

Hi Janek.

I did a short flight yesterday with all your mods. The aircraft flew nicely. I screwed up the route a little in the FMC, ill try again next time. But I notice that on the Plan page of the FMC I could not edit any of the weights. Is that not possable?

Hi, sorry for the delay.

No weights can't enter via the fms. It uses the values ​​from Fsx or p3d. Unfortunately Isg is not perfect, but perhaps follow updates.

Cheers, and did you checked your mailbox for mod news? ;-)

V 1.3 is ready, but after SP2 expect V1.4 maybe shortly thereafter.

--EDIT--

*wrong indication when LOC is intercepting with LNAV -> solved in 1.4

Hi, very interesting reading. Is there any chance to get your mod as well? I would really appreciate that. 

Petr