Sign in to follow this  
zmak

FSX-SE compatibilty

Has anyone got it to work?

When setting the path to FSX-SE as below I get the error message the .exe  doesn't exist .....sadly

However Im sure if theres a man for the repair job its Capt Pero!!

E:\FSX-SE\steamapps\common\FSX\fsx.exe

"Microsoft fsx.exe does not exist"

ZORAN

Hi Zoran,

at this point SIMstarter is not compatible with FSX-SE (I've not tested) at the moment.

"Microsoft fsx.exe does not exist" is not a SIMstarter error. When does the error occurs?

Usually SIMstarter does not check the source path of fsx.exe, just if the executable is named "fsx.exe". Therefore it should work (I tested at my maschine...).

Some path like "Shaders" directory are hard-coded. These features will not work - for sure. The rest could work - BUT ON YOUR OWN RESPONSIBILITY!

Have you changed the path at your Startprofile as well? Maybe there is still the old path...

: : : aviation.pero-online.de
Developer of SIMstarter NG P3D & Homecockpit Builder

Have a look when I try to save settings and exit. 

I also had to create a default FSX folder with FSX,cfg (copied from FSX-SE)  because FSX-SE is called FSX-SE.cfg and SS doesn't see it

Clear as mud ?  :nea:

SIMSTARTERprfilecorrect_zps8039365c.png

ZORAN

Have a look when I try to save settings and exit. 

I also had to create a default FSX folder with FSX,cfg (copied from FSX-SE)  because FSX-SE is called FSX-SE.cfg and SS doesn't see it

Clear as mud ?  :nea:

Hi Zoran,

I am sorry, but its hard to help you because I do not use FSX-SE. Maybe I will invesigate a few minutes during the next days / month. At this time not my first prio.

Sorry!

Just a further update.

Everything is now working and pointing to the correct locations and Simstarter is able to launch FSX steam edition ( just downloaded the latest version)

However

Ths FSX.SEcfg can not be seen by Simstarter. Thats the only thing stopping Simstarter from being fully functional in Steam.

It wouldn't be to hard to fix that in the next update ?

SIMstarter.lnk%2022_zpshgfbvjqh.png

ZORAN

Hi Zoran,

please send me all path and file names for FSX-SE to all relevant files (scenery.cfg, fsx.cfg, DLL.XML, e.g.)

I will have a look on it but can't promise when.

There you go. Let me know if you need anything else

Once you get established I will start a thread over at the steam forum

path fsx.se                                                      E:\FSX-SE\steamapps\common\FSX\fsx.exe

path fsx.cfg /DLL.XML/EXE.DLL                     C:\Users\bb\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX-SE\fsx-se.CFG

path  Scenery.cfg                                            C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX-SE\Scenery.CFG

path flight sim x files                     C:\Users\bb\Documents\Flight Simulator X - Steam Edition Files

This is program settings as above. Only the fsx-se.CFG is not showing

pero_zpsmohqf3gu.png

ZORAN

Thanks. I will check that.

First approach would be that you can use the new filenames with SIMstarter. At this time I think there won't be a different "Mode".

Is there any other user who would like to participate the FSX-SE Beta User team for SIMstarter?