Sign in to follow this  
zmak

VOX ATC and FSX-SE

Has anyone got it to work? My first attempts have been unsuccessful

ZORAN

Have you got all your file paths set up correctly? I don't have FSXSE, but I do have SE games and Their root folders are a sub folder within a sub folder of Steam Apps, so this could really confuse a lot of FSX add on software.

Just a suggestion.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

There are no files paths to set, it does it automatically. But I can see the indexer working away but it stalls here

E:\FSX-SE\steamapps\common\FSX\\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2005

ZORAN

Zoran, I would contact Tegwyn. I am only assuming VATC is compatible with FSXSE. Assuming it is then maybe Tegwyn can figure it out, he is usually pretty helpful.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Rick yep I did it. Most everything works in FSX-SE except my two most expensive add ons, Vox atc and Aivlasoft and  the latter I created a work around for

ZORAN

Good news ! I installed FSX boxed and then deleted it leaving the registry. Vox installed AOK!

Happy about that

ZORAN

Good news ! I installed FSX boxed and then deleted it leaving the registry. Vox installed AOK!

Happy about that

Glad you got it sorted. Could this be the workaround, for those that have a MS edition at least?

Does the old edition have to be activated by MS before deletion, or just run through the installation process to get the registry entries?

Rick Hobbs

Rick no activation required I just took it to the end of Disk 2 

"Could this be the workaround, for those that have a MS edition at least?"

Im not sure what you mean

ZORAN

"Could this be the workaround, for those that have a MS edition at least?"

Im not sure what you mean

What I mean is that there are probably many pilots out there that have a boxed addition (Microsoft addition) of FSX that now requires contacting MS because it has too many reinstalls on it and wish to switch to the SE, can use this workaround if VOX ATC is their choice of ATC add on.

Rick Hobbs

This is unrelated to a point, but how did you do a work around for EFB? I have both versions of FSX, but I am holding off uninstalling box edition until everything works with SE. Thanks

Steve Sumner

You just need to create a folder called called FSX "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX"  and place it next to the FSX-SE folder and then copy the scenery.cfg file from FSX-SE over to the newly created FSX folder. Thats because EFB needs to scan the scenery.cfg but wont find the path in the new SIm.

The dev should be releasing a new installer next update I beleive

ZORAN

Is anyone using traffic 360 with VOX ATC ? for some reason VOX wont use WOAI in fsx steam version, apparantly WOAI doesnt work in FSX-SE according to some,  so I need to replace them . I was thinking traffic x 360 as I have an upgrade deal with them

ZORAN

Spent literally years and lots of money getting FSX to look and run just about as good as FSX can get (in my eyes anyway). In addition I have an extra boxed edition (gift) as backup, so DT/Steam will have to come up with something really good to make me start chasing rainbows again.

Rick Hobbs

Hi All,

Just to provide an alternative method, I also had the same issues because of my uninstalled box edition.  My workaround however was to install voxatc as if I was installing in MS FSX instead of FSX SE.    Since I don't have the boxed edition installed it just installed it into FSX SE without a problem. 

Cheers