Sign in to follow this  
zmak

VOX ATC and FSX-SE

Hi everyone,

I have this issue where the indexer falls over at the redist/2005 point, I have the Steam FSX installed and have my scenery and config files setup in a FSX folder which is in the app data/Microsoft folder, I don't have a MS-SE folder however. But steam looks at my FSX folder for the scenery and its config, plus a few other things like FSX save.

So not sure where I go from here, I have tried installing both ways, FSX SE, the FSX only install both fail. FSX indexer falls over at the scan scenery point for a uk2000 install.

Any help will be welcomed :)

Rob

At least for me.... VOXATC does not index Steam DLC aircraft installations.  Is there a workaround for this?  All default FSX-SE aircraft have VOX, just not the one DLC I have.  Wont index because... well, there is no check mark for it in the panel setup.  Hand editing doesn't work either, just adding the VOX lines to the panel cfg is not enough.  VOX must have a list of aircraft because after it inits, I get an unknown FSX aircraft error. Runs fine in default aircraft.

Thanks in advance for help in resolving.

Hi,

I use VoxATC with Steam with no problems, sadly I don't use any DLC from Dovetail. All mine are 3rd party, such as Aerosoft, PMDG and A2A etc. But they all install themselves in the FSX directory under simobjects/aircraft.

You could try copying your DLC folder to that folder and run the indexer again, if you copy rather than move at least then your not going to mess up your DLC folder stuff :)

And FYI, sometimes the indexer pauses a long time on one entry, best thing to try is set it running and go have a coffee or something. And don't for get to run the panel tool, otherwise you won't see Vox in you aircraft.

Just an idea :)

Rob

Hi Rob,

I'll try the folder move thing.  I know its not an impatience thing as my FSX-SE is clean and the indexing of navaids and aircraft are completed rather quickly without a hitch.

Now my issue is moving back and forth between FSX-BOX and -SE as once VOXATC is pointed at -SE it seems to want to stay there.  Sim switcher has no effect AFTER applying to Steam Edition.

Support requests in to the author.

I have VoxATC installed into FSX-SE, but am having nothing but problems. My sim is a fresh install of Windows7 and of FSX-SE, all the poaths worked like clockwork with all my addons, including VoxATC. However, it seems to trip up and has become unuseable on virtually every flight. Things include, duplicate commands from both a female and male pilot, incorrect instructions, losing ATC instructions on approach, losing instructions halfway through a flight, the whole thing just stopping midflight. I have performed the relevent actions such as running the aircraft panel manager and scenery indexer. I have emailed the guys at VoxATC twice now and am rather peed off that they haven't replied to either emails. I have V6 and want to know if in fact it is compatible with SE. I see no reason why it shouldn't be. Just need some help really, so am getting a little angry at spending such a large amount of dosh on a piece of software that has become unuseable and find myself being ignored. Not good business. 

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776