Sign in to follow this  
RexGrant

Now back With Microsoft flight sim X

I did post on another newby forum but I think that was wrong.

I beleve I bought the wrong Graphic Card for FSX.and would realy apreciate any help to get me back into Flight Simulator.

Works fine untill I come into land and the wold outside the cockpit goes into blocks and strips of different colour.

Is it Posible for me to sort out the Graphics on FSX with my GPU or should I replace it with a niVda card.

I am useing windows 7 64bit pro.. win FSX with SP1andSP2 installed but not yet installed the FSX expansion Pack.

I have UK2000 Bristol and Cardiff Extreme latest editions         UK2000 VFR Airfields volume1.

UK2000 comon Libery abs sutton Bank.     VFRGenX Volume1  (just one Plane that I have to learn to fly.

Carenado Barron58 FSX/P3D}

My Keyboard Logitec G710+      mouse LogitecG502

PCspec

SW-129-MS Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-Bit - OEM (FQC-08289)

CD-147-SA Samsung SE-208GBRSBD External Slimline 8x DVD-RW (TV

Connect) - Black

HD-169-SA Samsung 500GB SSD 840 EVO SATA 6Gb/s Basic -

(MZ-7TE500BW)

GX-344-SP Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Vapor-X OC 4096MB GDDR5

PCI-Express Graphics Card (11227-04-40G)

MY-181-KS Kingston HyperX 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-17100C11 2133MHz Dual

Channel Kit - Black/Gold (HX21C11BGK2/16-OC)

HS-014-CS Corsair Hydro H80i High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler

(CW-9060008-WW)

MB-615-AS Asus Maximus VII Gene Intel Z97 (Socket 1150) DDR3 Micro ATX

Motherboard

CP-539-IN Intel Core i7-4790K 4.00GHz (Devil's Canyon) Socket LGA11

CA-173-BX BitFenix Phenom MATX Cube Case - Nvidia Edition - Black

CA-011-SF SuperFlower Golden Green HX 750W "80 Plus Gold" Power Supply

More information about me on my Profile.

Best regards

Rex

Welcome Back Rex,

I have giving up in running AMD graphics cards and FSX. This is even truer if you are going to run ORBX product. I did find one upgrade that helped me a lot : I bought P3D. Now at least I can play the game without huge graphical glitches and spikes. There is no way that I will go back to old drivers or run in DX9 for 1 game.  I play other games and I want the most recent drivers.  At least you are not running Windows 8.1. Maybe you will luckier than me.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

The AMD Card should work. Blocky textures are usually caused by high settings when textures cannot be rendered fast enough. You have to narrow down the product that is causing your problems. Is it the UK2000 textures or the default textures? If you have any tweaks you need to get rid of them until this problem is fixed as they could be the problem. Best to move your FSX.cfg to a temporary folder or delete it and restart FSX and let it rebuild. Does the problem still exist? If so, then look at your scenery config and disable any addon scenery. A picture of your issue might help too. I use Oz Hosting, a donationware company for hosting my images here - http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks for your assistance Jim but I don't have to do all the tweaking because P3D works just fine for me. I can put most of the slider at the highest level and still run over 30fps without any glitches whatsoever. All I am missing is PMDG and its coming soon. I just wanted to give a little bit of a heads up to the OP.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Thank you Both for your assistance. I will follow your advice Jim over the next few days

As you say FSX set all my sliders at Maximum but after reading Nick N . I tuned them down to 75% buit what you said about the Grafics not rendering fast enough seems on the right lines evey thing was fine untill I got in a bit of a panic land on my first flight on IFR And lost it trying allsorts over Exeter airport.

But I will persist for a while.  Back to school for re-training. And with the help from you gents you never know I may get to fly another Fokker70/100 again soon, that was my favorite in FS2004 I think it was called project focker from AVSIM.

Thank you

Rex

But I will persist for a while. Back to school for re-training.

We need you back into the community so hope you can find the solution. A lot of members here own the UK2000 scenery and hopefully they have some tips.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Welcome back Rex. I agree with Jim, the problem isn't the R9 per se. I've used AMD cards for years and never had a problem of any sort. The AMD vs. "the other card" debate is like Ford vs. Chevy. Some like one and some the other. Don't bail out on the AMD card just yet.

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Thank you Doug

It was A quote from The Bible-By NickN that got me thinking about my ATI card. I can remember my first SLI set up in FS9 when I was useing multiple moniters and it took Microsoft about 12 months to admit it would not work then. But now I am vertuly housebound especally in the winter, But If my gray mater holds out and with help from members on this site I will overcome and will once again begin to fly the virtual airways again.

Best regards

Rex

Lots of good folks hang out here Rex. anytime you need anything just holler.

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.