Sign in to follow this  
baldk9

FSX will not load

FSX will not load and the message I get in the event viewer is "A request to disable the Desktop Manager was made by process (Flight Simulator x v10.0.6137.0)".

Any ideas to cure of help would be greatly appreciated.

I am running Win 7 with 64.

RSC 

Richard Spencer

Churchill

PVT SEL

GYSGT

USMC (ret)

I googled "A request to disable the Desktop Manager was made by process" and found quite a few possibilities, all of which seem to be related to Windows 7 Aero display mode and display drivers.  When I launch FSX, Win7 displays a little banner that says Aero is being disabled. For some reason, your Win 7 is not doing that I guess.

This is not related to PMDG products.  You might be able to find help in the AVSIM FSX forum, I'm sure it's come up before there.

Dan Downs KCRP

If I had found the answer in AVSIM then I wouldn't be here but since historically this forum has provided me with assistance and since I can't use my PMDG products I see as a PMDG issue.

Richard Spencer

Churchill

PVT SEL

GYSGT

USMC (ret)

since I can't use my PMDG products I see as a PMDG issue.

PMDG has nothing to do with Windows 7 switching between Windows Classic and the Aero view. If you can't load FSX that means you can't load FSX default planes. Maybe they could be the cause of your problem. Contact Microsoft or better yet, do what Dan Downs wrote and google the message and see what comes up.

since I can't use my PMDG products I see as a PMDG issue.

I can't go to the airport to take my flight because my car is broken so I consider that the airline of my flight has to repair my car!

Sorry I couldn't help...

Seriously, PMDG has nothing to do with your issue and certainly not the responsibility of fixing it. You should start by google search as suggested above.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

There is actually a " Win7 OS Forum"

Why don't you give that a try ( if Google doesn't help).

Edit: I am referring to the W7 OS Forum within AVSIM.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg