Sign in to follow this  
Greg Goodavish

Need Acceleration package for FSX?

I currently own FSX Deluxe and have added SP1 and SP2. I usually fly civil aircraft and belong to several VA's. I have e ton of add on aircraft and scenery, along with ASN. Recently, I saw the VRS F18 Superbug and it intrigued me. I am thinking of joining a virtual navy organization with that aircraft. I want to be able to take off and land on carriers and do carrier ops. I saw on one of the military VA sites that you need FSX Acceleration to do this. My question is, can you do it without the Acceleration pack? I don't want to risk messing up my current installation, and definitely don' t want to have to start from scratch and reload everything. If I can't use default or AI carriers without the Acceleration pack, are there any pay ware carriers that would work without it? Can anyone help?

Greg Goodavish

Hi, you will definiteyl need the Acceleration pack to use the carriers. I have it with the VRS F-18, it´s dream.

Ok, so I can't use any pay ware carriers without Acceleration package? And if I install the Acceleration package, will it mess up my scenery and addons?

Greg Goodavish

Acc has the whole carrier things hardcoded, I harly doubt that it will work without. As for the installation you should go for an clean install. I have no other knwoledge of this as I had installed it just lately when my main HDD broke down and I had to set up everything again.

You should be able to install it on a mature system, but you should likely uninstall sp2 first.

Bert

If you really want to do the "Full" carrier operations, launch and recovery, you will need

Acceleration.  I have FSX Standard and am able to use some Acceleration aircraft

( I will occasionally get CTDs as stated by the authors) but can fly them and land on

AI carriers.  I have no launch capabilities.  Most freeware aircraft, with tail hooks,

can do carrier landings without Acceleration.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

That is my understanding.

You might want to do a backup first.. just in case something screws up..

Bert

I uninstalled SP2 and then installed Acceleration. It didn't corrupt anything. Installed the Superbug with TacPack without a hitch. Thanks for all your help!

Greg Goodavish