Sign in to follow this  
Glynn

What does smooth gauges mean ? (video)

Guest Simicro

The answer is in this video (10 Mb) showing the new RealAir SF-260 gauges. If you are stressed its a good idea to watch too !http://navie.free.fr/Air.wmv

Guest Simicro

That's right Rob ! At night it is certainly not recommended but thanks to the gauges smoothness and precision I could recover in time haha...

Guest dpc

Excellent Demo. Yes folks, those are indeed the VC gauges. And, they are actually smoother than that video if you can believe it. I highly recommend. Nice VideoDave---------------------------------------------------System Specs:Athlon64 3500+ ClawHammerECS NForce4 A-939 Mobo (1g FSB @ 2.3mhz)1.5G of OCZ Performance PC3200 RamATI Radeon X800Pro PCI-E (Catalyst 5.5 @ 520/540)SoundBlaster Live 24bitSaitek Cyborg EvoWinXP SP1

well, i havent seen the video, i wish the PMDG was as smooth as that.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Guest dswo

Ok, I have to admit, I always wondered what the big deal was with the smooth gauges -- my gauges are fine as they are (I says). I am now eating my unspoken words as I type. Wow! Who would have thought gauges could be so mesmerizing? Great choice of music to go with it, too.

>Excellent demonstration Tony! I see you did a spin too.Congratulations to you and your RealAir Team, Rob. Those are indeed some stunning 3d gauges in the VC... ;)Too bad that technique is only suitable for 'steam gauges' though. For 'glass' it'd be a bit useless. ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest av84fun

I am a dedicated 2D guy...and I DON'T want to start yet another 2D vs. 3D debate but I have never been willing to sacrifice the superior guage sharpness characteristic of MOST 2D panels.But that all ended with the RealAir Spitfire and now the 260 upgrade.I fly the VC because there is NO reason not to. The upgrade comes with a 2D panel but IMHO there is no reason to even install it let alone use it.All you 2D guys and girls...do not worry about the 260 VC panel. It is AT LEAST as good as any 2D from a sharpness and smoothness point of view.Regards,Jim

Guest davidvoogd

I second everything Jim says. The 260 VC has converted me to using VC's (I never got the spitfire since warbirds aren't my thing).

Hello davidNow that you are sold on VC check out TrackIR with the vector addon and with the SF260 bubble canopy it is perfect