Sign in to follow this  
fogboundturtle

MCE Demo for X-plane 10

I just downloaded your MCE demo for X-plane 10. I am running everything as administrator. The MCE config windows keep disappearing and I can't bring it back. Any command I try doesn't work. any help you can offer me would be great.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

I just downloaded your MCE demo for X-plane 10. I am running everything as administrator. The MCE config windows keep disappearing and I can't bring it back. Any command I try doesn't work. any help you can offer me would be great.

In the FSX version, as soon as you install, you have to go to Windows Start menu and run the "App Wizard" so it configures your system, am sure the same would apply with the X Plane version.

Then start your simulator, load the aircraft and then start MCE, it should read your aircraft type and start.

In the FSX version, as soon as you install, you have to go to Windows Start menu and run the "App Wizard" so it configures your system, am sure the same would apply with the X Plane version.

Then start your simulator, load the aircraft and then start MCE, it should read your aircraft type and start.

I got that part figure out. After I did the speech training, it started to work. Now if I can only find out what to say exactly.

I got that part figure out. After I did the speech training, it started to work. Now if I can only find out what to say exactly.

do yourself a favour and search in YouTube the videos by David Herky. He made one where he actually had in impromptu conversation about the weather with his first officer.

I like this program as it is not scripted, it recognizes a lot of common phrases. You will also see a few folders in the MCE main installation with hints etc.

go to start button, multiicrewexperience.

here you'll find shared commands and paper tutorials :-)

John Cramer

The MCE config windows keep disappearing and I can't bring it back

Hi

That's by design.

Because X-Plane uses Open-GL, the desktop composition in Windows only works well when it's in Windowed mode. You can bring up the config panel as follows.

Click X-Plane menu Plugins, then Multi Crew Experience, then "Show config panel".

You will then be able to see it. You only need the config panel in order to select options every now and then. You aren't expected to interact with it when flying.

In full screen mode, as soon as you left click anywhere on X-Plane, we make it disappear on purpose. If we didn't, it would look like X-Plane has the focus, but the MCE config panel would still be right there (even though unseen, and may prevent you clicking some aircarft panel, depending on its last location.

It doesn't auto-hide when X-Plane is in windowed mode.

As "starter and WR269" explained, you need to access the MCE documentation via Windows menu, and watch various David videos to have an idea about the sort of voice commands you can use should you rather not read the doc. It's not looking for exact sentences. Very flexible indeed.

I installed the demo but when i launch MCE it loads but then when the window is ready i can still manipulate the MCE window options (tick and untick) and i hear the ground services personel first message but X plane freezes. I can see also the message  "MCE is looking for any changes in your aircraft" but XPX freezes there. Does it conflict with XPUIPC or X connect because i have them installed (these being equivalent to FSUIPC in fsx), maybe another reason causing this...

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

I installed the demo but when i launch MCE it loads but then when the window is ready i can still manipulate the MCE window options (tick and untick) and i hear the ground services personel first message but X plane freezes. I can see also the message  "MCE is looking for any changes in your aircraft" but XPX freezes there. Does it conflict with XPUIPC or X connect because i have them installed (these being equivalent to FSUIPC in fsx), maybe another reason causing this...

Not aware of any conflict.

Just to make sure installation is OK on the X-Plane side...

Go to X-Plane installation folder.

Make sure you have a folder \MCE dlls\64 Bit\ (with 6 dlls inside it)

Make sure you have a folder \MCE dlls\32 Bit\ (with 6 dlls inside it)

Should have

\XPX installation folder\Resources\Plugins\xpinsider64.xpl

\XPX installation folder\Resources\Plugins\xpinsider32.xpl

\XPX installation folder\Resources\Plugins\xpInsider.cfg

If not, re-install MCE using the "InstallMCE" setup app and not "PackXP.msi". The former copies files to X-Plane installation folder before firing "PackXP.msi" which actually installs MCE outside the simulator folder.

You also need to ensure "X-Plane.exe" and "X-Plane-32Bit.exe" are set to run as admin.

Eventually temporarily remove X-Connect to see if there is some kind of conflict.

maybe another reason causing this

Also, because not all aircraft are supported, suggest you don't start MCE until you have loaded one of these aircarft.

Any XPX default aircraft, except those with more than 4 engines

Flight Factor 757 Pro

JAR Design A320 Neo

FlyJsim 737-200

FlyJsim Q400

SSG E170

SSG E190

The above are the ones we tested with.

It may work with some other aircraft that are close to default XPX aircraft, I mean not using too much custom stuff.

More complex aircraft will be supported gradually.

FS+++, I understood that but when I got to plugins and select the configuration windows. It doesn't bring it back in front.  It stay invisible. Now if you remember where the windows was, you can move your mouse and it will change to the hands, the only way to see that windows again, is to drag it to a secondary monitor before I can see it. Otherwise, it stays alpha blend 100%.

Not aware of any conflict.

Just to make sure installation is OK on the X-Plane side...

Go to X-Plane installation folder.

Make sure you have a folder \MCE dlls\64 Bit\ (with 6 dlls inside it)

Make sure you have a folder \MCE dlls\32 Bit\ (with 6 dlls inside it)

Should have

\XPX installation folder\Resources\Plugins\xpinsider64.xpl

\XPX installation folder\Resources\Plugins\xpinsider32.xpl

\XPX installation folder\Resources\Plugins\xpInsider.cfg

If not, re-install MCE using the "InstallMCE" setup app and not "PackXP.msi". The former copies files to X-Plane installation folder before firing "PackXP.msi" which actually installs MCE outside the simulator folder.

You also need to ensure "X-Plane.exe" and "X-Plane-32Bit.exe" are set to run as admin.

Eventually temporarily remove X-Connect to see if there is some kind of conflict.

Also, because not all aircraft are supported, suggest you don't start MCE until you have loaded one of these aircarft.

Any XPX default aircraft, except those with more than 4 engines

Flight Factor 757 Pro

JAR Design A320 Neo

FlyJsim 737-200

FlyJsim Q400

SSG E170

SSG E190

The above are the ones we tested with.

It may work with some other aircraft that are close to default XPX aircraft, I mean not using too much custom stuff.

More complex aircraft will be supported gradually.

Thanks Gerald. I uninstalled and resintalled using "InstallMCE" (which i also did the first time) and i searched for MCE dlls and found them under C:\Program Files (x86)\Multi Crew X-Plane\Support\Files and I made a copy and pasted in C:\Users\Desktop\X-Plane 10\Resources\plugins and i choose JAR design neo 320 and the demo is running well now. Thanks and Regards.

X-Plane11

FS+++, I understood that but when I got to plugins and select the configuration windows. It doesn't bring it back in front.  It stay invisible. Now if you remember where the windows was, you can move your mouse and it will change to the hands, the only way to see that windows again, is to drag it to a secondary monitor before I can see it. Otherwise, it stays alpha blend 100%.

OK, thanks for feedback. Could be to do with your multi-monitor setup and the way MCE detects X-Plane in Full screen mode.

You may want to try the XPX menu (simulator menu) (Plugins->Multi Crew X-Plane->Show Settings Panel).

Depending on whether you started MCE externally (desktop icon) or via the XPX Plugins menu, you may need to select "Show settings panel" twice.

On a typical setup, it should always display when in Windowed mode.

You can also right-click system tray MCE ison, and select "force to main screen". 

Have that same issue sometimes with FSX, when users resize the FSX window to fill the entire screen without having FSX in actual full screen mode (a mode usually referred to as "simulated full screen")

C:\Program Files (x86)\Multi Crew X-Plane\Support\Files

OK, good to hear you're up and running. Just to double check something...

The dlls found in above path should just be backup. and I realise 2 more are missing in that folder.

To get to the actual dlls that the installer copies to XPX, go back to unzipped downloaded file and look under

\Files\Xplane\

Copy  the entire <MCE dlls> folder and paste it to same location as <X-Plane.exe>, not the plugins folder.

OK, good to hear you're up and running. Just to double check something...

The dlls found in above path should just be backup. and I realise 2 more are missing in that folder.

To get to the actual dlls that the installer copies to XPX, go back to unzipped downloaded file and look under

\Files\Xplane\

Copy  the entire <MCE dlls> folder and paste it to same location as <X-Plane.exe>, not the plugins folder.

Thanks for the detailed instructions. I did this and all is good. Playing around with the add on, it looks very interesting and its not affecting my FPS.

X-Plane11

Thanks for the detailed instructions. I did this and all is good. Playing around with the add on, it looks very interesting and its not affecting my FPS.

You're welcome.

Not only it won't have any impact on FPS, it has a robust design, whereby only absolute minimum code runs inside the simulator process. "xpInsider64.xpl" (or "xpInsider32.xpl") + one, and only one of the dlls in <MCE dlls> folder depending on detected aircraft.

The heavy part of MCE, speech engine and audio, run completely outside the simulator process.

That means, in the unlikely event MCE, or the speech engine which runs in "xpmce.exe" process) develop a fault during a flight, MCE could eventually go down. And you could simply restart it, even mid-flight. But it should never compromise the integrity of the flight, the most important thing.

There is some quirk in using MCE. I had the hardest time to go through the checklist. It was looking for some "key" words that I guess I never said and It was keeping repeating it was waiting for me.  Other command was processing right away. I don't know if it's a combination of speech recognition and pressing certain sequence in the plane. I like the idea of MCE but I am not sure what is not working for me. I look at the cheat sheet and some documentation but it didn't work as good as I'd like. I'll tinker around some more. I did watch some YT video but there was so much chatter between the application and the presenter that it was really hard to make any sense of it. I would also like to use SID/Stars navigation and MCE only support Radar Contact. I was more looking into Pilot2ATC.

I used both Xplane and P3D. If I wanted to use your application, I would have to buy 2 separate version. not really sure I want to do this at this point base done on my experience last night.