Sign in to follow this  
fogboundturtle

MCE Demo for X-plane 10

I had the hardest time to go through the checklist

Not every single aircraft is supported. You didn't mention which flight sim and which aircraft.

Just be aware MCE allows some degree of customization. You can create (or edit existing one) to have the challenges you want, and the kind of replies you want, so you won't need to memorise every line by heart.

Real world pilots can use their own airline specific checklist in order to rehearse it and get a head start..

The system is also flexible. Replying "verified" when the expected answer is "checked" will be accepted too.

I am using X- plane 10 JarDesign A320 which is supported. I know I can use other words but they are not registering correctly. There is no indication if an action is missing or its not understanding me.  It just doesn't respond for 30 sec and they ask again.  Example. In the before taxi precheck, it asked for closing doors and windows. I did close all of them and I reply they were closed. That command never registered at all. Like it was waiting for an event. in your checklist file, I see the following :

[ ]Windows and Doors    --    Closed

not sure if this is a bug or me doing it wrong.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

I am using X- plane 10 JarDesign A320 which is supported. I know I can use other words but they are not registering correctly. There is no indication if an action is missing or its not understanding me.  It just doesn't respond for 30 sec and they ask again.  Example. In the before taxi precheck, it asked for closing doors and windows. I did close all of them and I reply they were closed. That command never registered at all. Like it was waiting for an event. in your checklist file, I see the following :

[ ]Windows and Doors    --    Closed

not sure if this is a bug or me doing it wrong.

OK, will double-check with that specific aircraft later on.

Meanwhile, suggest you perform more speech training just in case. Use our supplied tool

Start->All Programs->Multi Crew X-Plane->Tools->Speech training.

There is a <Checkist> topic. The <ATC phraseology> topic is also very recommended.

Using that tool, you can even train the system to better understand particular words you are having trouble with.

As for the checklist flow, in general, whener things don't go smoothly (either FO disagreeing too much, or user not familiar with the whole checklist yet), just say...

Skip item

Move to next item

Move next

etc...

Or, if you want to know the answer....

Reply to checklist item

Reply to item

...a few more other variation are available

Edit: Normally, replying "Closed" would do it for that line, unless the speech engine is not picking up that word. I assume you're seeing spoken replies and commands in white font at the top of the screen.

Good evenning,

I just downloaded the demo and had sama as described before with dlls and instalation. I had to copy manually from downloaded package the MCE Dlls folder into X-plane. After doing this all was fine (tries with default sp172). i had also a problem during the automatic selection and cofiguration of voice recognition during APP Wizard that provoked a CTD, however it seems i can use MCE correctly (after copying dlls).

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1 (Spanish Microsoft Dream Spark License) up to the date with US/British and Spanish packs installed and X-Plane 10.32 with several addons (RTH, Skymaxx, Airbus 320JAR, 757 FF, Gizmo, and so on).

Good evenning,

I just downloaded the demo and had sama as described before with dlls and instalation. I had to copy manually from downloaded package the MCE Dlls folder into X-plane. After doing this all was fine (tries with default sp172). i had also a problem during the automatic selection and cofiguration of voice recognition during APP Wizard that provoked a CTD, however it seems i can use MCE correctly (after copying dlls).

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1 (Spanish Microsoft Dream Spark License) up to the date with US/British and Spanish packs installed and X-Plane 10.32 with several addons (RTH, Skymaxx, Airbus 320JAR, 757 FF, Gizmo, and so on).

I assume all is OK now.

The wizard (xpwiz.exe) is a completely separate app from MCE (xpmce.exe)

It’s possible some users may have more than one X-Plane installation. Remember at some stage the installer asks you to point it to your current X-Plane installation folder. That’s where it will be copying the necessary files.

If you then fire-up XPX from another installation, files would be missing and you’d have to either re-install MCE, this time pointing to the correct folder, or simply manually copy the files over.

For correct installation, after downloading and unzipping, one must run "InstallMCE" and NOT "PackXP.msi" 

Yes, is working like a charm.

I don't have any other X-Plane installation in my computer than the one i'm using (i've got a backup in an external HDD) and installed this to the letter. The only thing i did different is to tell the installer to install app in a custom folder  in the same drive of X-Plane but separate folders (F.\Multi Crew Experience\ for MCE and F:\X-Plane 10\ for the sim). Maybe you should check if the installer is getting correctly the destination folder if custom path is set?

I downloaded demo but before I got it to fully function my time was up so I purchased the program. Mce sent me lic key which I have never been able to load. I have copied the key to its destination so many times it's not funny. I am running x plane 10 updated. Windows 10 now. With a raided machine. I emailed Ben in customer support but he evidently has given up on me. Any ideas?? Thanks

I downloaded demo but before I got it to fully function my time was up so I purchased the program. Mce sent me lic key which I have never been able to load. I have copied the key to its destination so many times it's not funny. I am running x plane 10 updated. Windows 10 now. With a raided machine. I emailed Ben in customer support but he evidently has given up on me. Any ideas?? Thanks

Please provide first name and last name initial, as well as the order number for the MCE X-Plane edition.

Be aware, MCE for X-Plane is a completely separate purchase from MCE for FSX/Prepar3D/FS9

The only thing that comes free, is constant added support for more and more complex aircraft (free updates) under each platform.

Thank you