Sign in to follow this  
govindsr180

huge fps drops during take off roll in rainy conditions..

hey 

Today after purchasing precipit fx...as i was testing it during the take off roll in rain...i noticed huge fps drops of around 15-20 due to wheel rain and jet blast!! I was totally dissapointed..it was told that this product is fps friendly with no fps loss but seeing this...i really feel sad..

I usually get constant 30 fps....at all places except heavy airports...this time i was testing at cardiff..

I spent money thinking to get nice effects but this is not what i wanted....any developer please look in to this..i have checked this with posky 777 300, tom ruth A330 etc:...

Does this have to do with any interference of  effects that existed prior to installing precipitfx?? Like any effects that came with these add on planes?? Doesnt precipitfx not replace their effects with new ones??

thanking you

govind

hey 

Today after purchasing precipit fx...as i was testing it during the take off roll in rain...i noticed huge fps drops of around 15-20 due to wheel rain and jet blast!! I was totally dissapointed..it was told that this product is fps friendly with no fps loss but seeing this...i really feel sad..

I usually get constant 30 fps....at all places except heavy airports...this time i was testing at cardiff..

I spent money thinking to get nice effects but this is not what i wanted....any developer please look in to this..i have checked this with posky 777 300, tom ruth A330 etc:...

Does this have to do with any interference of  effects that existed prior to installing precipitfx?? Like any effects that came with these add on planes?? Doesnt precipitfx not replace their effects with new ones??

thanking you

govind

Hi there, I'm sorry to see you're having troubles with performance. Can you post a screenshot of the effect in your sim? there might have been a problem with your installation.

Thanks!

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

hey kevin...thanks for the reply...i would post a screenshot soon..i would give a video ..since that would be better..and what might have gone wrong with the installation...??

thanking you

govind

Hi there, I'm sorry to see you're having troubles with performance. Can you post a screenshot of the effect in your sim? there might have been a problem with your installation.

Thanks!

here kevin..here is a video i made for fps testing...u can see the fps dip due to precipitation effects..i have explained it in video...

thanking you

govind

no reply for this yet keven?? I am waiting since a long time..

Wait, did you really post at 2am on a Sunday and are expecting a busy man like keven to reply in less then 7hours (when he was probably sleeping like almost all of the human in america)?

Give it the time...

here kevin..here is a video i made for fps testing...u can see the fps dip due to precipitation effects..i have explained it in video...

thanking you

govind

Hi there,

I had a look at the video you made. It is hard to make a definitive conclusion on these since we don't have a before and after comparison.

Performance will vary depending on the hardware configuration, simulator settings, the aircraft you fly and the camera angle you are looking the effect from.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hi there,

I had a look at the video you made. It is hard to make a definitive conclusion on these since we don't have a before and after comparison.

Performance will vary depending on the hardware configuration, simulator settings, the aircraft you fly and the camera angle you are looking the effect from.

thanks kevin for the reply...now to clear the confusion.....my hardware configuration is pretty great.......the aircraft i flew was a tom ruth A330....now the camera angle that we are looking is what puzzles me..and i thin k here lies the issue...As you can see very clearly in the video...as i look from locked spot view from behind the aircraft..i am getting constant 30fps...but as i pan behind the aircraft such as now i am looking in the same line as the effects are coming..or to put in other words...as i look from behind coincidently with the effects the frames go down from 30 to 15!! So i guess the fps drop is only happening in this particular view and in that particular camera angle...as i pan above and go to my original view angle ..fps are back to normal..(30fps)..would u care to weigh in regarding this?? Is this an expected bug...though i have no intention in viewing the aircraft from behind in such an angle..i just wanted to clear the confusion....Also remaining all effects are as expected from FSFX package right? I hope my installation is correct since you even doubted that something must have gone wrong with the installation. From the video you can even see the effects and all...

I would do some more test flights and convey regarding this further....

PS: i will wait patiently for ur next reply...

thanking you

govind

thanks kevin for the reply...now to clear the confusion.....my hardware configuration is pretty great.......the aircraft i flew was a tom ruth A330....now the camera angle that we are looking is what puzzles me..and i thin k here lies the issue...As you can see very clearly in the video...as i look from locked spot view from behind the aircraft..i am getting constant 30fps...but as i pan behind the aircraft such as now i am looking in the same line as the effects are coming..or to put in other words...as i look from behind coincidently with the effects the frames go down from 30 to 15!! So i guess the fps drop is only happening in this particular view and in that particular camera angle...as i pan above and go to my original view angle ..fps are back to normal..(30fps)..would u care to weigh in regarding this?? Is this an expected bug...though i have no intention in viewing the aircraft from behind in such an angle..i just wanted to clear the confusion....Also remaining all effects are as expected from FSFX package right? I hope my installation is correct since you even doubted that something must have gone wrong with the installation. From the video you can even see the effects and all...

I would do some more test flights and convey regarding this further....

PS: i will wait patiently for ur next reply...

thanking you

govind

The performance will decrease the closer you get from particles. This is an expected behaviour from a very old platform. Even the smallest of effect will affect performance this way. We tried to balance our effects to reach the best results possible given this and various other constraints. From what I see from your video, your installation seems to be perfect.

Thank you for giving your feedback on that one, we will consider it on future updates.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

The performance will decrease the closer you get from particles. This is an expected behaviour from a very old platform. Even the smallest of effect will affect performance this way. We tried to balance our effects to reach the best results possible given this and various other constraints. From what I see from your video, your installation seems to be perfect.

Thank you for giving your feedback on that one, we will consider it on future updates.

thanks keven for the reply...so performance drops are expected as we move closer to the effect. So being an expected behavior, i guess all is fine. Also i have read in the forum about people complaining about huge loss in fps due to contrails..although i have not done a cruise flight yet..is this confirmed? even though contrails wont appear at low levels and they only come with cruisi..i guess it  wont affect take off or landing..am i correct in assuming this??

thanking you

govind