Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

I LOVE Dovetail, and Steam, and ... FSX!

Thats only true if the product explicitly state it will support FSX SE. When you bought a flightsim addon, it does not include future updates for "new sims" unless otherwise stated.

That said, developers who refuses to tap into the new market ain't very clever.

Hey Joshua, I was just about to mention I wanted to get my preferred Airbus too, and apparently the A318/19 update is SE-ready, right?

I've been polling the Aerosoft Airbus X forums trying to read about what's new regarding the implementation of aircraft systems in the new series ? I am also interested to know if the FBW logic has been fine-tuned in this new version.

Does the new series include full ECAM Non-Normal checklists ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Thats only true if the product explicitly state it will support FSX SE. When you bought a flightsim addon, it does not include future updates for "new sims" unless otherwise stated.

That said, developers who refuses to tap into the new market ain't very clever.

Yes I agree. My point was that if they don't adapt they will lose out, and that SE had no responsibility to be compatible with addons marketed for FSX boxed edition.

- Bill Magann

l still have a dual install with FSX-SE installed on separate HD.  To date very impressed with FSX-SE and my three year old computer. For the first time I have been able to run everything with most sliders full right using Aerosoft Airbus 318/321. However, I am somewhat concerned since I still have not installed any of my Orbx scenery, FTX global etc.  I hope this will not bring my frames and smoothness back down to my FSX level. From what I have read Orbx still has not provided  installers for SE, which includes Global.  Would be curious if any have a dual install and were able to install their regions and cities to SE with a dual install. 

Ive installed all of my ORBX stuff including Global and Vector (I only have FSX-SE but it wont matter for a dual install)

Just follow the advice on this thread, it looks a bit complex but you just modify 3 lines and your away. Once you install onto FSX-SE you then reverse the changes and you can use both sims

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/89673-temporary-workaround-for-installing-orbx-scenery-with-fsxse/

ZORAN

Well, as far as ORBX FTX Global goes it installed straight away no tweaks required ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

It will install but it wont be active in the  FSX-SE scenery.cfg because the current installer only points to the FSX scenery.cfg

You can check your scenery library to make sure

ZORAN

Are you able to install FSX-SE on the same hard drive with FSX?  How does that work if your using the same add-ons.  Say Aerosoft Airbus or ORBX?  Thanks!

It will install but it wont be active in the  FSX-SE scenery.cfg because the current installer only points to the FSX scenery.cfg

You can check your scenery library to make sure

No, after the latest update by DTG, FTX Global installs perfectly and becomes active - easy to notice when you load the sim :-)

I also passed Seteve's Fixer over it :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ive installed all of my ORBX stuff including Global and Vector (I only have FSX-SE but it wont matter for a dual install)

Just follow the advice on this thread, it looks a bit complex but you just modify 3 lines and your away. Once you install onto FSX-SE you then reverse the changes and you can use both sims

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/89673-temporary-workaround-for-installing-orbx-scenery-with-fsxse/

thanks all for your replies.  I did know about the this as a possible fix but I have also read that some may still have problems. Orbx did state they do plan to fix the installer for possible dual install.  Before I mess up both FSX and FSX-Se I will try to be patient and wait before I attempt the install.

By the way Steve advised me the fixer will not work on dual install. I do hope there will be a solution in the near future. 

The airbus was fairly straight forward if you use Aerosoft installer v1.2.1 which worked with no problem. However, you must make sure you do not allow it to install in FSX but do a browse and find where you have FSX-SE installed and point to the directory there.  I have had no prolems so far runing the airbuses on both FSX and FSX-SE.  One finally note - be sure before the install you disable your antivirus since at least for me would not allow certain files to be installed. 

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Also, I had none of the problems you describe probably because of two factors I forgot to mention:

1) FSX SE is the only version of FSX in my PC;

2) I used "FSX Registry Utility"  from TweakFS to change the registry entry of FSX to point to the steam packages folder where FSX SE is stored...

Main Simulation Rig:

On FSX:SE I'm gliding the Alps on a i7 mobile laptop with scenery sliders at the max!

Hmmmm "gliding" certainly tempts me :-)

There was an AS-K21 project by Aerosoft sometime ago... ? Did they release it ?

Main Simulation Rig:

No, after the latest update by DTG, FTX Global installs perfectly and becomes active - easy to notice when you load the sim :-)

I also passed Seteve's Fixer over it :-)

Yeah seems to work in some and not in others. How about ORBX airports are they installing into the library ?

By the way Steve advised me the fixer will not work on dual install. I do hope there will be a solution in the near future. 

I ended up getting rid of the box version and the fixer then worked. Any reason why you need both?

ZORAN

Well, all I have from ORBX is FTX Global, no airports, LC or Vector products, not even fereware.

Main Simulation Rig:

Yeah seems to work in some and not in others. How about ORBX airports are they installing into the library ?

I ended up getting rid of the box version and the fixer then worked. Any reason why you need both?

Zoran that is a good question  At first I just wanted to try out FSX-SE.  Sort of a challenge for me.  I keep adding most of my payware to see how it would perform. It was perfroming with much higher frames compared to FSX with most sliders to the right, but I have not added all of the payware planes and scenery such as obrx, UT-usa and a few other payware.  With my I7-2.8ghz computer I have been getting  a good 8-10fps better than existing FSX, with slidders past the middle. Of couse at this time it is not comparing apples with apples since I still have Orbx stuff and UT-usa to install and a few CS planes.  It does appear even with the remaining payware that needs to be installed I will get much better frames and smoothness. 

If that will be the case I will then have to figure out the best way to uninstall FSX, which could create some problems, which mean I may have to uninstall both FSX and FSX-SE becuase of possible registry conflicts and start over.

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I'm running ftx global and vector along with flightbeam kden kphx kiad fs dreamt am kiah imaginesim kaus flight1 usa southcentral aerosoft santorini x rex 4 as2012 precipitfx mytraffic 5.4 etc...

Frames are butter smooth over here in a wide variety of upper end aircraft...never seen this sim perform so well...