Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

DC8 Cargo jet at EGPH Edinburgh

I remember seeing an Air Transport International DC8 depart EGPH Edinburgh around 15 years ago, and I have been trying to find out the exact type and registration of this aircraft for some time. It was (as far as I can remember) in an all white colour scheme, with Air Transport International written in black letters on both sides of the forward fuselage. I have just come across some EGPH Edinburgh archives today, and I think that the aircraft may have been N61CX (a DC8-62HF). This aircraft apparently visited EGPH Edinburgh in 2000, so the timeframe is correct.

Does anyone know if N61CX was operated by Air Transport International at that time, and if it had an all white colour scheme? I would love to see a HJG (Historic Jetliner Group) paint of this plane if it could be confirmed to be the one that I saw all those years ago. I would like to see it at Edinburgh in P3D :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Naif,

Thanks for the link, but I have already been to that website. It seems to suggest that N61CX was operating for Air Transport International (leased from AeroFreighter LLC) at the time, but it doesn't indicate if it was operating in an all white colour scheme, or indeed if it really was the aircraft that I watched take off on runway 24 that day.

Can anyone else confirm this? In fact, does anyone have any photos of it?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I was hoping that one of the HJG guys would have responded by now to say that they would be delighted to paint a DC8-62HF in an N61CX all white (with black letters) colour scheme :wink:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png