Sign in to follow this  
ashfordphilip

Blurry ground textures problem

6 hours ago, charliearon said:

The only other thing that may be a concern about your blurry scenery is what you are trying

to hide in your Scenery Library!:dry:  Got something in there you don't wants us to know about?

SceneryLibrary.jpg

The reason why i crossed those out is because i was in another game and looked that up from google images but i can show MY scenery library. Here's a link to my scenery library http://prntscr.com/fky8p5

You may be getting some conflicts between some of your addon terrain packages.  Which one(s)

is hard to tell.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

58 minutes ago, charliearon said:

You may be getting some conflicts between some of your addon terrain packages.  Which one(s)

is hard to tell.

I'm not sure to be honest with i don't have any terrain packages or mesh installed i mean if you have steam add me on steam and we can talk through there and if have teamspeak3 let me know i'm on there a lot my steam name is Mudder9000 

After many months/years of not having this blurry problem it has now reared its ugly head again. Particularly after sustained high altitude cruising. I'm using FSX:SE and I note that the fsx.cfg is now missing from the user folder C:\user\your name\app data\roaming\microsoft\fsx:SE. ( it is still there in the .....\fsx folder)

I have a fair amount of ORBX scenery, an i7, win 10; whatever, the point being it has handled the scenery set up, GTN 750, and add on aircraft okay until just recently.

The work around I'm using at the moment is to "save" the flight, exit the flight, then reload the saved flight. Its a bit of a pain but it does the trick.

Is there a way to tweak a FSX:SE installation if I can't find/access the fsx.cfg file ??

Edited by thecanarian
Added the workaround

To update this topic : I've just used the facility within the Steam front screen (click on the Steam desktop icon) and navigated to Games List/Right Click on the FSX entry and chose Properties/Local Files/Verify Integrity of installation. This check came up with over 8000 files that needed re-acquiring .... time for a cup of tea. The blurries got cured but then I had scenery morphing. The cure for this is found on the Orbx forums but it just requires a new terrain.cfg copied from the Orbx/Scripts/FTXCentral/Work folder.

:biggrin: