Sign in to follow this  
CT5

GTN 750 intergration

Here is a download link to everything you need  for your panel folder with the mod. Please make a backup of the origional first just in case. I have included two screen shots of what the mod looks like so you have an idea if this is something for you. The community has given so much to me so i hope this works and i am able to give something useful back. Enjoy.  (obviously the GTN 750 needs to be properly installed first and configured for the Citation 550 in the F1 config utility first before proceeding!!)

Send me a message if you need help

download from my box.com account

https://app.box.com/s/iglrb64hw925ofo3l72c6a5vtg2lgzqk

Hey that is surely a complete and easy package that you have developed. Did you consider placing the GTN750 in the MFD glass area on the panel? I would think it would be a lot more practical at that location rather than down on the pedestal.

Good work though.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Yes I can probably put a second unit in the mfd area,good idea! I will test out and update

This looks really good!  :P

The GTN750 is a lot more useful as a navigation device, than the dumbed down Universal FMC that is in the plane.

Nice work!

Bert

Yes I can probably put a second unit in the mfd area,good idea! I will test out and update

Great. I was never a fan of putting the stuff on the back of the pedestal but Cessna would never listen to me.

Regards,

Ray

This looks really good!  :P

The GTN750 is a lot more useful as a navigation device, than the dumbed down Universal FMC that is in the plane.

Nice work!

Hi Bert.

Ray

I am going to encourage Carenado to make the GTN upgrade available.

Regards,

Ray

in real life, could one reach all the way across the panel to operate the touch screen?  

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

in real life, could one reach all the way across the panel to operate the touch screen?

Probably not. The real world location of choice seems to be just to the right of the MFD. Most of the photos of rw installations have a weather radar or garmin GPS located where Carenado put the MFD.

I posted a cut and paste screenshot showing the GTN750 in that location (rw) in one of the threads here a couple of days ago.

Regards,

Ray

I'd like to put it where the Wx radar is - and just put the main screen in that window.  We'd still have to use the popup to use the gauge.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thank you CT5 for your efforts on this. I have an idea for other placements. Me personally I'm not a fan of the location of the GTN aft of the throttle quadrant. I think most would prefer it on the main panel where it can be visible. My thought would be to remove the FMS and move the Universal MFD aft of the throttles to the current position of the FMS. And then place the GTN 750 in the current position of the Universal MFD as well as remove the COM1 and NAV1 radios as these are integrated into the GTN.

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

the terrain map only covers the US ?

65 $ US for the P3D version ?

Seems pricy

Thank you CT5 for your efforts on this. I have an idea for other placements. Me personally I'm not a fan of the location of the GTN aft of the throttle quadrant. I think most would prefer it on the main panel where it can be visible. My thought would be to remove the FMS and move the Universal MFD aft of the throttles to the current position of the FMS. And then place the GTN 750 in the current position of the Universal MFD as well as remove the COM1 and NAV1 radios as these are integrated into the GTN.

Your welcome, I agree with you fully, i just posted a new panel mod, maybe its a little better to some than this one. I do hope Carenado makes us a formal GTN intergration option. RealityXP is  dying and Supporting this new software is the way to go. Even Realair and Milviz has jumped on board with this product.

Looks great... 

just one question about the GTN 750? 

how often do you guys get navdata updates for it (like airacs or garmin updates..)?

thats the only thing that bothers me before i buy it...