Sign in to follow this  
hawkeye71

No VC On Startup

Hey everyone, I know this is probably a longshot, but I'm having a problem with the VC loading on startup with the Maddog 2010 with SP2 edition. I registered on the Maddog forums three days ago, but still do not have permission to post there. The whole forum seems to be dead anyway. I can get to the VC after starting FSX by pressing F9, but then none of the switches are clickable. I have searched everywhere for a solution but can't find one. I did see on the forums there that there was once a "Quick 'n' Dirty" guide for the Maddog, but the link for it no longer exists. If anyone could give me some assistance on this it would be much appreciated. I realize this is the forum for the FS2 Crew edition of the Maddog, but right now I don't know where else to turn. I've even tried re-downloading the file, uninstalling and reinstalling, running the .exe file as administrator in Windows 7. Just to clarify, I have selected to start FSX with the VC in the Maddog setup utility

Hey everyone, I know this is probably a longshot, but I'm having a problem with the VC loading on startup with the Maddog 2010 with SP2 edition. I registered on the Maddog forums three days ago, but still do not have permission to post there. The whole forum seems to be dead anyway. I can get to the VC after starting FSX by pressing F9, but then none of the switches are clickable. I have searched everywhere for a solution but can't find one. I did see on the forums there that there was once a "Quick 'n' Dirty" guide for the Maddog, but the link for it no longer exists. If anyone could give me some assistance on this it would be much appreciated. I realize this is the forum for the FS2 Crew edition of the Maddog, but right now I don't know where else to turn. I've even tried re-downloading the file, uninstalling and reinstalling, running the .exe file as administrator in Windows 7. Thanks!

Did you install liveries from the Maddog website? And the plane without VC, is that one with a livery made from Leonardo? If so, you need to edit the aircraft.cfg model for the vc to actually show up I think - I had the same problem :)

No, it's with the default MD80 livery. I haven't added any repaints. I wish I could get this solved, because I don't want to have to use the 2D panel all the time.

You have to edit aircraff.cfg as CathayA340 said in order to use VC, add/edit line model= in model=VC for any livery you want to use.

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

It is the default livery and it does use the VC model:

[fltsim.0]

title=LSH MD-82 McDonnell Douglas

sim=md-82

model=vc

panel=

sound=

texture=MDG

kb_checklists=md-82_check

kb_reference=md-82_ref

atc_id=MADDOG

atc_airline=McDonnell Douglas

atc_flight_number=255

atc_parking_types=GATE,CARGO,RAMP

atc_parking_codes=MDG

ui_manufacturer=Leonardo SH

ui_type=md-82

ui_variation=LSH MD-82 McDonnell Douglas

description=Fly The Maddog edition

visual_damage=0

atc_heavy=0

You don't have to manually edit anything, just use the Maddog Manager & Setup per the manual and everything should be fine.  The problems come when people don't use the Manager.

Problems are created when one tries to load the aircraft directly in FSX before they've used the Manager.  The Manger has some excellent tools!

By the way, WELCOME TO THE MADDOG COMMUNITY!  She's an EXCELLENT AIRCRAFT!  My group makes roughly 8 flights per week in the Maddog using shared cockpit, it's an incredible experience (with or without shared cockpit).

Hope this has been of help.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Thanks everyone for your replies. I was using the Maddog Manager and Setup to start FSX and still the 2D panel comes up when FSX loads. I'll do some more playing around with it and see if I can get it to work. By the way, do I have to have "Reload saved state" checked when FSX is launched?

OK, I finally got the VC to load on startup by installing a repaint. Why that did it I don't know. The trouble is that none of the switches on the top (lights, speed adjust, heading adjust, altitude adjust, etc.) are functional. Are they supposed to be?

OK, I finally got the VC to load on startup by installing a repaint. Why that did it I don't know. The trouble is that none of the switches on the top (lights, speed adjust, heading adjust, altitude adjust, etc.) are functional. Are they supposed to be?

That's good! :) Check the aircraft.cfg if the livery has a vc model.

Just want to report back that the VC is now fully usable. Now I know why they call it the Maddog. It can be unpredictable, and if you don't keep a close eye on it it'll reach up and bite you!

When I'm looking for an easy, don't have to think too much flight - I'll take the NGX.

If I'm looking for flight where I want a challenge and to keep busy almost constantly, I'll fly the Dash 8/Q400 Professional (handful even in shared cockpit).

When I want something in between, I'll take the Maddog. She will keep you engaged, but not overwhelm you once you know her systems and how they operate (we use the real world Delta MD-88 manuals and having read and studied them I can tell you that they are accurate to the high 90 percentile to the Leonardo model.

The Leonardo MD-80 isn't unpredictable though. Just a wonderfully modeled aircraft that is fully functional. She's a real pilot's aircraft designed before the higher level of automation such as you have with the NGX.

Anyway, welcome to the Maddog community!  Keep flying the lady, and you'll soon fall in love with her.

Here's a great link of a pilot taking about this aircraft - says it all !!!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R0CViDUBFs

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.