Sign in to follow this  
Pete5

Why all the freeware and some payware have no virtual cockpit?

I mean how hard is it to make a simple cockpit I don't care If It doesn't have apu or you can't like press every button but really? whats the use for aircraft without vc? I can't see with the 2d

Short answer is: probably more work than the entire rest of the model!

And to make it clickable: much more...

If you "can't see" then you're doing it wrong - try cycling through the 2D views, you'll probably get a minipanel, or at least an open view. Or even, go to VC view; if no VC you get a full screen.

Perhaps use Shift-Z to bring up vital flight information.

Lots of different ways of flying, depending on flight conditions.

I think those that complain about "how hard is it?" should try having a go at making one themselves. I'm sure you will come to the quick conclusion that it is not easy!

Graeme Butler

A 2D panel can be whipped up in minutes, but a VC takes a very long time (and a lot of effort) to perfect. It's not easy in the least. 

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Until you make a VC yourself I'd say you ought to be happy with anything you get.

I can't even type 2d panel in seconds. :D

That's why you were given 2  hands :)

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

If the question is why some"payware" aircraft have no vc, then I think that's a fair question.

Until you make a VC yourself I'd say you ought to be happy with anything you get.

Is that your business model? 

If the question is why some"payware" aircraft have no vc, then I think that's a fair question.

Agree!

But "all the freeware"? You must have missed a lot of freeware planes with fine VCs. I'd begin with the SCS Tu-134...

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Agree!

But "all the freeware"? You must have missed a lot of freeware planes with fine VCs. I'd begin with the SCS Tu-134...

You're right about that.To say, "all freeware" It's not factually true. cheers

To make a vc to the standard of say PMDG is a mountain of work. "Everything" has to be photographed and measured from all angles in order to create the correct 3d effect. The VC is in effect a model within a model. Then placing the gauges correctly so that they don't look like postage stamps as they do in some models.

Sometimes a really good 2d cockpit is better. It also takes quite a lot of work to convert that to widescreen so that nothing is stretched.

There will be an example (2d widescreen) in the near future for FS2004 in avsim of a Super VC10. When I've finished the manuel (it has over 700 gauges now) !!

vololiberista

I am eagerly awaiting your next update to the VC-10. The work you have put into David Maltby's original model is very, very much appreciated. I recently did a complete reinstall of FS9 following acquiring a new computer, and have been having great fun getting reaquainted with the VC-10.

Peter Schluter

well for over 2 weeks I have been looking for a freeware for an a319, a318,a320 but no there all 2d I can't even see inside a 2d cockpit when Im landing and were can I go and make one?

OP,

Typically, the VC is made as part of the Airplane Model. You would need the Model coding from the original Developer, in order to construct one.

As many have said above... compiling a VC is a very time consuming and exacting process.

I would think that the flight characteristics of a given airplane would take precedence over the inclusion (or lack of) a VC, but that's just me.

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

well for over 2 weeks I have been looking for a freeware for an a319, a318,a320 but no there all 2d I can't even see inside a 2d cockpit when Im landing and were can I go and make one?

You could start with the helpfully named section Creating XML Gauges in the FS2004 SDK