Sign in to follow this  
Augustin320214

Can somebody help me tweaking?

With that card and processor I'd forget all about antialiasing. Your system just isn't going to cut it for fsx. There's guys on here with titan blacks and overclocked i7 and they still don't get anywhere near 60fps with everything maxed out.

You'll just have to come to terms with the fact that your system is a laptop with a laptop graphics card, so cut your expectations right down, tweak as much as you can and turn your sliders way down... The only other option is an upgrade.

Agree! You system is by far too weak. Get a Desktop-PC with the fastest CPU etc. You will never make it with ASN and AS A319. Never.

Yes AM=14 for your dual core cpu with HT on. FSX makes three basic threads, the first is the one that needs the full effect of the core, the other two are fine occupying the second core.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Agree! You system is by far too weak. Get a Desktop-PC with the fastest CPU etc. You will never make it with ASN and AS A319. Never.

I know it's bad, but it's the best I can get at my age and money supplies. (14, pocket money)

Hi, If I could Upgrade one thing of my system, what would it be and to what should I upgrade it. (My birthday is comming up, you never know ;-)

I'm thinking BP=0 and then adding a poolsize underneath must be incorrect as well, BP=0 means your not using a pool size, I maybe incorrect here so someone correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't BP= 1 to set a pool size.

Poolsize=390000000 is good for some.

[bUFFERPOOLS]

Poolsize=XXXXXXXXX

replace the xxxxx with the poolsize you want.

<p>vrs_supporter.png

Paul Sleight

I'm thinking BP=0 and then adding a poolsize underneath must be incorrect as well, BP=0 means your not using a pool size, I maybe incorrect here so someone correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't BP= 1 to set a pool size.

Poolsize=390000000 is good for some.

[bUFFERPOOLS]

Poolsize=XXXXXXXXX

replace the xxxxx with the poolsize you want.

the best way is use something like this

[bufferPools]

UsePools=0

Poolsize= 10485760

RejectThreshold=524288

UsePools is a switch, =0 (no poolsize )and =1 (use poolsize, )

in the above example no bufferpools

and

[bufferPools]

UsePools=1

Poolsize= 10485760

RejectThreshold=524288 (Bufferpools will be used as sizes listed.)

therefore the switch is used when you wish try or experiment with bufferpools.

bob

Hi thanks for all the info.

I really want to thank you for all your hard work and time explaining everything to me. But I realised, no matter what tweaks I put in, my peformance will stay bad... I am actually saving up for an upgrade to my not-so-good-system. Therefor... this one question: If I could Upgrade one thing on my system: What would it be and to what should I upgrade it???

Laptop:

GTX760M

I5-4200M

Windows 8.1 64 bit