Sign in to follow this  
paulwilko10

How do you know Soft Clouds has loaded?

I got my new PC yesterday and I am a little underwhelmed so far.

Whilst I know it is not a beast, it is still a decent one and I was expecting a little better looking sim to be honest.

I have Win 7, FSX is loaded into the default folder but is part of an ADMIN User Account. UAC is off

My question is, how do I know REX Soft Clouds has written the textures succesfully as so far, not seeing the sort of clouds I have seen on youtube etc.

Is there soemthing in the CFG taht would tell me ?

I have set it up as per the manual and i am also using REX Essentials with Overdrive.

Thanks

Paul

it is just textures that is loaded. believe me if you have flown FSX a long time, when conditions is right for low cloud, you will notice immediately. Sorry there is not magic message that will appear to tell you it has been loaded. and now, there is neither something in a .cfg file that will indicate. The only way is to check the actual texture files date stamps that has been loaded.

EG as example low cloud cummulus. Search for "cumulus01.bmp" (excluding inverted commas) in FSX directory should give you date modified details as

06 Jul 2014. If you have cumulus01.bmp file with date stamp of something like 2006, then yes it has not been loaded properly in FSX

if the file is there with that date stamp then the files have been loaded in to FSX and then FSX will be using that file.

Also take into consideration that many people use REX or ASN for weather engines, that MAKE huge difference in pertaining the effects.

Thank you, I will look into those files

I use FS Global Real Weather.

Maybe the UK at the moment is not right for soft clouds :-)

Will report back my findings

Again, thank you

Paul

I got my new PC yesterday and I am a little underwhelmed so far.

Whilst I know it is not a beast, it is still a decent one and I was expecting a little better looking sim to be honest.

I have Win 7, FSX is loaded into the default folder but is part of an ADMIN User Account. UAC is off

My question is, how do I know REX Soft Clouds has written the textures succesfully as so far, not seeing the sort of clouds I have seen on youtube etc.

Is there soemthing in the CFG taht would tell me ?

I have set it up as per the manual and i am also using REX Essentials with Overdrive.

Thanks

Paul

Paul look in your Rex soft cloud folder there should be a installlog file. I think it also gives which cloud you have installed.

Bob

Have to agree with the. OP.. I purchased Rex Soft clouds and although very good they do lack definition...and look very cotton wool like and blurry ..I know we all have different ideas of what things should look like...but a great idea...but at this time I am going back to FEX soft and Naturals as these offer a bit more..depth

But will use Rex again for changes now and again..

Have to agree with the. OP.. I purchased Rex Soft clouds and although very good they do lack definition...and look very cotton wool like and blurry ..

Isn't that why they're called soft clouds? Makes sense to me!

Paul look in your Rex soft cloud folder there should be a installlog file. I think it also gives which cloud you have installed.

Bob

Thanks for this

REX SOFT CLOUD - TEXTURE INSTALL LOG - INDIVIDUAL INSTALLATION
LOG DATE: Sunday, January 18, 2015 10:47:41 AM
COPIED FROM: C:\REX Soft Clouds\textures\Clouds\Cumulus\11\32 Bit FSX\512\cumulus01.bmp
COPIED TO: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\\Texture\cumulus01.bmp