Sign in to follow this  
por930

FSX-SE Blurred aircraft and airport features

Hi,

I have been using FS since the beginning and have had FSX(boxed) for several years with no issues. Have all the PMDG a/c and all work and look great. But, thought I would give the steam version a go (when it was about $5.00)

When I load the steam FSX, the trike on the splash screen is all blurry, like double vision. Looking at the airport scenery the same. The centre line goes off into the distance like a V.  Now, when I get inside the basic aircraft 2d screen, all controls are pretty clear and readable, but the scenery outside is blurd. The VC and exterior scenery is all blurred.

It is loaded on my 'office' win 8.1 machine at home, as distinct from my win 7 Flight sim machine.

I have tried all combinations of the filters, played with my screen and set it as native

I took a pic of issue, but have never worked out how to post pics on the avsim site. Anyway, the description should give you the idea.

Regards

Geoff Bryce

I'm wondering if you've got "3D" set in the NVidia control panel, if so turn it off.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

This site is handy for posting screenshots here.  No need to have a Photobucket account.

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Hi Steve, Ummm, never ever looked at this before.... Ummm, several settings in there, and there does not look like a "master" on/off switch? Maybe I need to turn every thing off in this feature?? Only have a Geforce GT.630 card

Thanks charlie, this is what I have been looking for, hopefully you get the idea.....

see attached.bUQSG.jpg

Geoff Bryce

that's the 3D view :D

...CP Stereoscopic 3D section

Hi Steve, thanks for the quick reply.

I could not see the feature you mentioned in my card's 3D settings. See the below pics of my 3D settings. I have turned off what can be turned off. When you are in the basic aircraft F10 on 2D screen, all inside is clear/exterior blurred. When you go F9 into virtual cockpit, both inside/outside, all blurred again. Splash screens aircraft always blurred. I have no complex a/c loaded. I guess though I need to be 'careful' that I do not butcher my card/machine settings for minor FSX testing and make the rest of the machines graphics an issue? 

Z82Vb.jpgD0LV.jpg

Geoff Bryce

The 3D section in CP came in with Win8. The settings are not available on your PC, and yet that view is clearly stereo. I would perhaps try reinstalling an up to date driver.

Thanks  Steve, I just noticed a new graphics driver set waiting (347.09: 23/12/14))to be loaded to replace existing drivers(335.23: 25/09/14), never actioned it. Am doing that now and when loaded will report back if this gives me some control over the 3D any better. Thanks for your help.

Regards

Geoff Bryce

The 3D section in CP came in with Win8. The settings are not available on your PC, and yet that view is clearly stereo. I would perhaps try reinstalling an up to date driver.

Hi Steve,

Fixed. The new driver set had, as you advised, a specific section for the CP Stereoscopic 3D section and it had a master switch for on/off. With it turned off, all is well.

Thanks for this. Much appreciated.

Regards

Geoff Bryce