Sign in to follow this  
meesterlijk

Aircraft folder. Question

Hi guys,

I've got a question about my fs9 aircraft folder.

I use alot of ai traffic but it affects my framerates bad when I'm at serious busy airports like Ord and Jfk. In all the years I have fs9 I added lots of traffic from different sources. ( Aig, WoAi, Ghiom, Utt). I also have different aircraft from different sources ( Faib, Djc, and so on)

All these planes are widespread in my aircraft folder.

In what way does the way I organised this folder, affects the frame rates? Do you have suggestions?

Thanks!

I would suggest you have one a/c folder for each a/c type. But I dont believe that will affect your frame rates.

Converting 32 bit textures to DXT3 may help, but it is not something I have ever needed to do.  Perhaps the best thing to do though is upgrade your system. What are you running FS9 on ? I run FS9.1 at very busy airports such as you mention and even with heavy cloud and using a payware addon aircraft I dont suffer framerate losses.

Peter Schluter

My system is from 2009. It is a Quad core Q8200 (2.33GHz, 1333MHz, 8mb cache)

What could be the ideal system to run Fs9 on? I decided to ignore fsx because I have so much addon's (payware)

I decided to ignore fsx because I have so much addon's (payware)

Yes, same reason I stay with FS9

I suggest you post in the hardware forums here for better advice than I can give, but I do know that the key to FS9 performance is the speed of the processor. I have a i7 4790 which has 4GHz clockspeed.

Peter Schluter