Sign in to follow this  
bk2000

Default KingAir C90B Throttle Stuttering...

Greetings from Tucson....

1. Let me start by saying that my Saitek devices work fine in all my other aircraft and are updated with the latest drivers.
2. So, I open the default C90B and it's cold and dark.
3. So, when i begin to move the throttles forward from idle they begin suttering.
    They continue stuttering all the way to the full forward position.
    Upon reaching the full forward position they immediately jump back to idle.
    When moving them backward from the full forward position to idle, they are continually stuttering.
4.  When the throttles are in the idle position, when the prop lever is moved forward past it's center position, the throttle levers drop down all the way into the "REVERSE" position.
5. After much searching the net I haven't found anything that talks about this.

(So, it could just be me....ha)

All help would be very apprciated. Thank You.  B)

(2 years XPX and 10 years FSX experience.)

I know that you are saying that the Saitek controllers work on everything else, but I had similar problems with my Saitek yoke/throttle and ended up buying another separate USB throttle quadrant and leaving the yoke PS2 plug empty.  That, and I took out the Saitek drivers.  I don't know which, or whether it was a combination of the two, that caused the problems, but I have no problems with them now.  I would suggest that, as a test, you remove the quadrant from the yoke and program one of the three levers as the throttle for all engines - just for kicks.  If that doesn't correct it I would be surprised, but if not, try removing the Saitek drivers.  I think your problems will go away - but I've been wrong before....  If this does it, you can fly with the one quadrant or obtain another quadrant to put yourself back where you were.

John

John Wingold

I use CH Yoke, pedals and throttle, but I know that in FSX and Windows 7/8 you don't want the manufacturer drivers.  Like @Old_As_Dirt says, uninstall ALL of your Saitek drivers, then plug your controllers in and let your OS find and install their own.  Then calibrate in XP and you should be good to go.

Gentlemen, Thank you very much for your input........

So, Update, only thing that seems to work for the cure is disconnecting the throttle that is paired to the yoke. ..so, there.

Can't speak for the Saitek.  The three levers on the CH Eclipse yoke work just fine, although I only use the mixture and prop, while my throttle is a separte CH Pro Throttlel.  The only problem I've encountered on one aircraft (a twin) is that sometimes the second engine is not controlled by the throttle after landing, and it is necessary to use the mouse on the throttles to prevent engine #1 from pulling the aircraft onto the grass when taxiing to the ramp.  No idea why that happens only on the ground after landing...

ps. I also tried to use an usb to ps2 adapter. I figured, since the LED did not come on the ps2 doesn't have any power circuitry....(?). It also failed within FSX, too. 

I think that the PS2 does not "talk" to X-Plane in this configuration.  I also found that Saitek does not like USB3, if you are using that.

John

John Wingold

I think that the PS2 does not "talk" to X-Plane in this configuration.  I also found that Saitek does not like USB3, if you are using that.

John

Really ?!  USB3 is totally downward compatible with USB2.  All newer computers are USB3 ports while there are almost no USB3 devices yet available.  In order to maintain backward (and forward) compatibility, the USB2 functions are on separate circuits from the USB3, so there is 100% compatibility.  If the Saitek device is USB2, the plug will only contact USB2 circuitry just as if it were a USB2 recepticle.  I'd look for another problem.

As for PS2, that is an obsolete (legacy) connection used years ago for mouse and keyboard connections to the mobo.  It is still found on newer mobos more for network security purposes (USB ports can be disabled while using PS2 for keyboard/mouse) but the speed of PS2 is much slower than USB2 and can perhaps cause problems with a yoke/pedals designed for USB connection speeds.

That has to do with assignment within the OS and/or an outdated BIOS on an older mobo.  The circuitry for USB2 and USB3 both exist, separately and distinctly, within the same plug.

Note the comments under "Architecture and Features"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB_3.0