Sign in to follow this  
raphaelmm

[Solved] Equip Cooling Ovrd

Hello,

I'm having an issue in flight with the PMDG 777F. I have searched in the manuals and some foruns and didn't found any answer until now.

Sometimes on CLB and CRZ fase, the engines just stop and the EICAS display a lot of warnings. After a few seconds, the aircraft recovers by itself leaving only the Equip Cooling Ovrd alert.

I've followed the equip cooling ovrd checklist as described in the manuals and resolved it, but the problem still occurring after a couple of minutes again and again.

For precaution, I disabled all random failures even the maintenance related but with no success.

I've got some screenshot:

- This is my overhead setup for this flight 

http://i638.photobucket.com/albums/uu101/raphaelmm/Temp/2015-1-17_17-47-37-401.png

- This is the no problem situation

http://i638.photobucket.com/albums/uu101/raphaelmm/Temp/2015-1-17_18-12-1-993.png

- This is when the problem ocurrs

http://i638.photobucket.com/albums/uu101/raphaelmm/Temp/2015-1-17_18-7-57-816.png

I'm in a flight and in 2 hours it occurred for at least 7 times.

Do I have forgot some config? Someone can help? 

Thanks!

PS: Sorry about my english, this is not my native language.

Edit: SOLVED!

Just to let the solution registrated, I've turned on FSUIPC logs and found that I have one axys assigned for mixture that was eventually sending signals to FSX and cuting off the engines. I've just set it to rich and the problem isn't happening anymore (it has half a hour thats not happening).

There was a very similar post on 6 Jan but that fellow didn't report back on how the problem was solved.  My first guess is maybe you are using a saved flight or saved panel state that has a problem.  Does this ever happen when you start from FSX Free Flight on the runway with engines running??

Dan Downs KCRP

Yes, I've read that post but it's not conclusive. It happened once when I was taxiing.

Apparently it was my fault, it's not happening anymore. I've edited the first post with the solution.

Thanks!

I've edited the first post with the solution.

Thanks for posting the solution. That sounds like an easy trap to fall into if you also fly pistons, good catch.

Dan Downs KCRP

There was a very similar post on 6 Jan but that fellow didn't report back on how the problem was solved.  My first guess is maybe you are using a saved flight or saved panel state that has a problem.  Does this ever happen when you start from FSX Free Flight on the runway with engines running??

I have a dual piston/turbine setup, but the problem never came back so I am leaning toward it being an event not a bug. It must be programmed somewhere in the simulation, so I guess it's a possible occurrence in flight. The FCOM didn't have a causal explanation for the problem, just a definition of what the light meant. My best theory at this point is "atmospheric conditions".  :unsure: