Sign in to follow this  
Patco Lch

Deltas MD80s

After several frustrating uninstalls I  am thinking of taking another crack at mastering the complex, challenging and beautiful MD80. Since Delta and American still have a number in their fleets I was wondering if the ones they fly today still have the old cockpit lay out you get with Cool Sky and Leonardo's models. A mixture of EFIS and steam. I wish some developer would give us a full functional MD90 or Boeing717.

Vic green

I can speak for the Leonardo.  On classic AA aircraft the N2, oil pressure and fuel panel locations are different from the simulation.  The former TWA aircraft pretty much match the Leonardo simulation with the full EFIS panel.

Leonardo did a good job of capturing the initial N2 jump when you start the engine, also the oil temp rise when you pull to idle.  There are a lot of other things they did well but I'm not going to list.  There are only 2 errors for systems test that I know about.  -Minor in nature such as fuel is supposed to test at 3000 in each tank and they have it at 1500.  The TRI is supposed to test at 2.08 and -12.  They have it at 2.04.

Classic AA birds (analog) come with a GFMS.  The TWA box matches the simulator.