Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kingair315

Choose your plane...

This is a tough one for me, but I would choose between the PMDG 737-800, the IFDG A319, FS_KBT's P-3C Orion (Daisuke Yamamoto, Hiroaki Kubota, Toshikazu Harada), or any of Eaglesofts planes (except the Premier 1)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Jfri - No categories I'm afraid. You have to pick ONE plane. That's what makes it more challenging.I'll have to take the first aircraft in your list - the F1 C172. Good choice!!Sorry!Ian

Hey All,One plane and one plane only - huh. Hmm well for me it needs to be 150+ kts cruise (at about 75%) for cross country flying. Be amphib and on wheels (bush ability). Ideally be high wing and prefer high tail (but this last characteristic is probably impossible given the planes that actually exist for FS or in the real world - unfortunately Walter Extra has never put the 400 or 500 on floats :( ). Have truly outstanding flight and 3-D models. Have an outstanding panel rendition. Carry 6 or less passengers - don't want a big plane. Prefer piston engine but turboprop would be OK. Can be twin or single. A plane like this would meet my FS needs perfectly and I'd still fly it only about 75% of the time given the number of other wonderful planes out there. Anyway Guess What - It don't exist. I think that this is a problem for many people - trying to identify one "perfect" plane for all situations. If you can even identify a "perfect" plane the next question is - has it ever been modeled. Everything is a compromise.So until somebody does an FSD, RealAir or Dreamfleet quality job on a Found Bushhawk (150 Kts cruise) or a Cessna 185 IO-550 Conversion (170 kts cruise) or something else similar. I'll probably have to reluctantly go with the Pilatus Porter even though it's slow. Rest assured though my vote would change in a heartbeat if somebody were to do a quality plane that met the above criteria. Right now I'm eagerly awaiting Milton Shupe and team's Beech D18 - If it's on floats too I may not need anything else! Take Care! -Ed-

I would choose "e": Quit playing FS because I can't only have one airplane to fly.... :D

F1 C-177 Cardinal. I just love that plane. A little long in the tooth now but with RXP gauges, its still just an awesome plane. After that, for pure enjoyment Carenado T-34.Eric

Tough choice! Since 98% of my flying is GA and mostly short hops around my home area, I'd definitely want some sort of GA plane. First thought was the Flight 1 C172, but then there's the excellent Aeroworx B200 King Air.I think I'd have to split the difference and go with the Dreamfleet A36 Bonanza for the right combination of features and complexity.Jim

I'm with you on that one Michael, the Aeroworx B200 would be the one plane I would stick with...Robert

The old reliable DF Archer. I have more hours on it than anything else.

Ha die Boshar!Email me at jaap@verduijn.net and I'll send you "my" main panel bitmap and the various configs. I don't know if it will help you much though, since I mapped just about every imaginable function to GoFlight units which is a major part of the fun. Among other things, I improvised a working booster coil switch which needs to be switched on before pushing the starter buttons in order to make the engines start. But don't worry: ctrl + e still works too!I can't make the stuff publicly available of course. That would be violating **'s copyrights.Be well!Jaap Verduijn.

For me it was a toss-up between the RealAir Spit and the RealAir SF-260.Based on the fact that a GA aircraft would be more practical for VFR flight with the ability to use the radio in more detail I choose:The RealAir SF-260!James

Why, the MAAM-SIM R4D-6/DC3A, of course!Shares the same airfile guru as the RealAir planes in Rob Young, is coming out in more variations (XC-47C, C-47, C-47A, C-47B, ski, cropsprayer etc.) than I've had hot breakfasts, and is just the perfect gal to take anywhere in the world. And I mean, anywhere. VFR, IFR, flat stuff, lumpy stuff, long, short ... you get my drift. Oh, and it does that too ...10,000-odd built in the real world ... probably 1,000 still flying. If I am still holding together when I'm sixty years old, I'll be very surprised, and so will Sam Adams Brewery.There's just no contest. Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Wait till you get it, You will be blown awayI have just finished a flight from aviano mil to milan malpensain some serious weather, low vis, lightning, turbulence ect.To see the compass bobbing about in that type of conditions is something else, and you can follow the needles in near zero visibilityall the way down the center line.With this aircraft and trackIr they can keep FS10 and the xbox versionim staying right here!

SF 260 Marchetti for me too. And you need to get that update Jimmi. :)Hawk

ummmm, I guess because I have the D and really don't want to buy another 1900? Do I really need to explain why?Todd

I will go with the Eaglesoft Cirrus SR20 G2.:( Okay so I can't have that yet. Then it is a toss up between the Flight One ATR 72-500 and that jet pack thing.-Shawn

Hmm,I liked your criteria. Why did you ignore the Beaver? I love the Aerosoft Beaver, and I bet we could get someone to modify it into a turboprop Beaver if you need more speed. Though I suppose this is limited to existing aircraft.I think my choice would be the Beaver (the plane I would like to own for real), My Cherokee 180 modified DF Archer, Or a Cirrus.ThomasN15802KASH

SF-260, I`ve had all three releases of it and each one is a delight.That or the PMDG 1900D, which is just ideal for hopping around NZ where live..CheersLungs

Flight1 ConquestFlight1 C172OR, when I had them (had to file a return due to a financial reason)Dreamfleet A36 (probably the best GA aircraft I have seen for FS EVER, even I did only have it for a short period of time)Flight1 Pilatus PC-12Hopefully I will be able to re-purchase the A36 and PC-12 later this week or shortly thereafter but I'll just have to wait and see. I sure did enjoy them while I had them. :(