Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kingair315

Choose your plane...

Guest TonyFenton

If forced to choose right now, I'd have to pick the F1 ATR-72.Given a little more time, I think my newly purchased MAAM-SIM R4D package could knock it out of the top spot.Tony Fenton

>>I will joing Mark "Gear Down" Beaumont in voting for>>the MAAM-SIM R4D with all it's variations! >>WAAAAAHHHHH! How could you do that to me? Heck, it's easy>enough to miss a small lever on the floor, surely? OK, I did>make a bit of a crunching noise on arrival but, as you pointed>out having clearly done it yourself several times, the>MAAM-SIM DC-3 is capable of raising itself up assymetrically>like a camel after such an event. A miracle of engineering,>which is perhaps the one thing modelled in the virtual>aircraft that might be a little hard to achieve in the real>world, LOL. Anyway, if I hadn't confessed, no one would have>known. >>But you had to tell them, didn't you. Just because you were>standing behind me at the time, dammit. My life is in ruins.>>Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumont>>http://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg Mark, please don't be so hard on yourself, I'm sure that your "Buddies" will take care of that for you}( When I was in the Air Force all the older pilots used to say;"There are only two kinds of pilots in the world, those who havelanded with the gear up, and those that are going to."x( As to the original question; That would HAVE to be the FSDZigns"Connie":-beerchug DennyProfessional Tourist

Guest EasyEd

Hey All,One thing I want to point out. In a later post you suggest that this is a statistical sample trying to identify the "top" airplane for MSFS. I wonder if you would have gotten a different "answer" if you had asked this question 3 or 4 days after the release of the Bonanza or an update of the Archer or some equally popular plane? Timing may well have everything to do with the answer you get.Just a thought!Take Care! -Ed-

LDS 767If I want to fly GA I'll go up to the airport and do it for real. ;-) If I'm on the sim I might as well do something I can only dream about in real life. That is, after all, sort of what it's about - living your dreams.Regards-

Matthew Smith | Priority Left Consulting
www.priorityleft.com

Guest Calb

Milton Shupe's Dash 7Cal (CYXX)

Excellent choice!Thought of that before, an alternative would be the PSS Dash-8. Both planes are relatively fast (and the PSS has even an FMS), can go far enough, and have the ability to operate remote and short fields.For me, as much as I love the "big ones" (LDS767 et. al.), if I'd need to choose one aircraft for my personal use, it would need to be able to land and start from smaller airports, and be fast enough to not let a trip become a multi-week enterprise. The upper end I can think of here are PMDG 737-600 or PSS A320.Feelthere ERJ PIC needs way too much runway, Eurowings' 2004 BAE-146 has a more crippled FMC, other planes are either too big and heavy or too small and slow.Andreas

Guest deKoven

Hoo Boy! Can of worms here, all right.Since the average weekend flyer is pretty much limited to just one plane for years at a time if not for life, this might be a pretty good question. For me it'll be a toss-up between the Aviat Husky and the Aero Design AC680 and since I have to choose one only I'll take the AC680.:D

EdVery good point. It is of course not really serious - just a bit of fun, but you could well be right.It looks like the SF260 will walk away with the prize, but I wonder if the result wouldn't have been roughly the same even before the update? It's a plane that was acclaimed when first released and has stood the test of time - they just got it right. It never fails to get several recommendations in those 'can you suggest a good payware plane..' type of threads. The update has of course kept it at the cutting edge, and may indeed have got it a few extra votes in this poll. Who can say.Best wishesIan

Guest EasyEd

Hey All,The beaver is a great plane - one of the best of all time but even with a turbo it still barely makes my criteria. A turbo only adds about 20 mph so it becomes very much like a Bush Hawk although I believe with more capacity. I wish somebody modeled one. If you want to see some numbers look at www.xdh.ca .Take care! -Ed->Hmm,>>I liked your criteria. Why did you ignore the Beaver? I love>the Aerosoft Beaver, and I bet we could get someone to modify>it into a turboprop Beaver if you need more speed. Though I>suppose this is limited to existing aircraft.>>I think my choice would be the Beaver (the plane I would like>to own for real), My Cherokee 180 modified DF Archer, Or a>Cirrus.>>Thomas>N15802>KASH

Guest CapHavoc

Howdy,Not too difficult a question at all: Bill Lyon's Grumman Goose G21 (sheesh, I very rarely fly anything else in FS, anyway :-lol ).

Good Thread, For me after a lot of thought is my PMDG 738, just about the best I have seen. I bet the upcoming PMDG 747-400 may be a close runner-up, might even be better than the NG, lets see.Bob

Guest Kilstorm McBride

MS Default Cessna 172 Skyhawk works for me. Simple and fun but I would sure hate to give up all the others.Kilstorm

This is my second response, but thinking about it again, this is like asking me what wine I would like to drink for the rest of my life...I guess I'd rather have some choices!Since I happily flew the Dreamfleet Archer and the Flight1 PC12 today, please add those to my shortlist!

Bert