Sign in to follow this  
CT5

GTN 750 Intergration in MFD

Ok so here is the GTN 750 in the MFD screen. I personally think that the 650 would work better in this area but i do not own the 650, but  thats ok.  

I can't get the gauge to make a perfect fit but I figure its better than nothing. press Shift + 1  to bring up the pop up 2d panel. 

please make sure to make a backup of the original  panel folder, and please make sure the F1 GTN 750 is installed properly and the Citation is configured using the F1 utility. 

Screen shots are included in the panel folder to give you an idea of what it will look like. Simply rename panel.GTN750.mfd to just Panel  and put it in your Cessna S550 folder.

And thanks again to everyone in the community for everything you have done for me, i hope this helps others!

https://app.box.com/s/f3cy6nfve53t7tvjsofz65gi5b4l6s1o

I used a similar panel change and added the GTN650 rather than the GTN750. Yes, it does seem to fit the screen better. See Pic.

The full screen for the GTN650 is available and visable and stretched a little on the vertical. I think a good setup would be to replace the MFD with the GTN650 but have the orginal MFD available as a separate popup for those functions specific to the MFD. Just the opposite of the setup using the F1 config program.

Regards,

Ray

650.JPG

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

yes i like the 650 better!, can anyone lend me another 65$  lol

yes i like the 650 better!, can anyone lend me another 65$  lol

So my observations were correct:     its 65 $ for the 650 and another 65 $ to get the 750  OUCH

Heck before the oil embargo I used to rent a new Piper Cherokee for 17 dollars an hour, insurance and gas included.

The Arrow, my eventual fav, was only 24 per hour

Guess what we used to do before flight sims?  >>>  Fly real airplanes.

And the little plastic thingies found inside Cracker Jack boxes were our addon airplanes and a table top our simulated airport terrain (IN ATC prep-School circa 1972   !!!)

Real ATC school had a PDP-11 that ran real radar screens...etc... was nice for its day

Ok so here is the GTN 750 in the MFD screen. I personally think that the 650 would work better in this area but i do not own the 650, but  thats ok.  

I can't get the gauge to make a perfect fit but I figure its better than nothing. press Shift + 1  to bring up the pop up 2d panel. 

please make sure to make a backup of the original  panel folder, and please make sure the F1 GTN 750 is installed properly and the Citation is configured using the F1 utility. 

Screen shots are included in the panel folder to give you an idea of what it will look like. Simply rename panel.GTN750.mfd to just Panel  and put it in your Cessna S550 folder.

And thanks again to everyone in the community for everything you have done for me, i hope this helps others!

You use such line: gauge00=F1GTN!GTN750,0,0,512,512,UNIT1.VC

And it is necessary such: gauge00=F1GTN!GTN750VC,0,0,512,512,UNIT1

P.S. I marked out differences in the color

"Heck before the oil embargo I used to rent a new Piper Cherokee for 17 dollars an hour, insurance and gas included.

The Arrow, my eventual fav, was only 24 per hour"

Hi Peppy,

I recognize those numbers.  I am now 71.  I used to work at the Piper dealer in Sacramento back in the day when those prices were the norm.  You must be from the same good old days.  Just wanted to say "hi".

Best Regards,

Bill

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

I recognize those numbers.  I am now 71.  I used to work at the Piper dealer in Sacramento back in the day when those prices were the norm.  You must be from the same good old days.  Just wanted to say "hi".

Best Regards,

Bill

Hello

yeah, the days when you could rent a Piper with your spare weekend moneys, less than the the price of an airport addon

:Party: :Party:

seems to be an odd behavior with the quote boxes....?

Thank you CT5.  It works great and makes this a much more enjoyable airplane.

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

Your very welcome and its a pleasure!

Just got my copy, so late to the party.. but if you have the GTN750,

try this:

[Vcockpit01]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=1024,1024
visible=0
pixel_size=1024,1024
texture=$Panel_1

gauge00=GAUGEC2EADI!Gauge_EFIS550_EADIVC,     0,  0,512,480
gauge01=GAUGEC2EHSI!Gauge_EFIS550_EHSIVC,     0,482,512,480
gauge02=C2CAR!ToggleEFIS,                     0,0,512,64
//gauge03=MFD640_C550!MFD640_config,          0,0,1,1
//gauge04=MFD640_C550!MFD640,                 512,0,512,397
//gauge05=MFD640_C550!ToggleCARG500,          0,0,512,30
gauge04=F1GTN!GTN750VC,                       562,-42,412,468,UNIT1
gauge05=C2CAR!Toggle14401,                    512,0,40,512
gauge06=GAUGEC2!Gauge_VSI_DIGITAL,            512,397, 320,320
gauge07=GAUGEC2!Gauge_UPDATE_DIG,             0,0,1,1
gauge08=C2_Cabin_alt!C340_PRESS,              0,0,1,1
gauge09=CarSound_C2!CarSound,                 2,2,5,5
gauge10=S550_CE550!CE550,                     0,0,1,1

If you want to be able to click on the screen, you have to turn Instrument Reflections off (shift-6),

but for now I am using the popup for any interaction.

Separate post to follow on getting the Toggle14401 popup to work..

Edited by n4gix
Put in Code box, adjusted spacing.

Bert

Follow on to the above.... here is for the popup.

1. Make a subfolder to your panel folder and call it C2CAR

2. Unzip the contents of the C2CAR.cab file (found in the Gauges folder) into this new folder

3. Open the Toggle10300.xml file (in the new folder) with Notepad.

4. Change    <Click>10300 (>K:PANEL_ID_TOGGLE)</Click>

to    <Click>14401 (>K:PANEL_ID_TOGGLE)</Click>

5. Save the file as "Toggle14401.xml" back into the new folder

If you made the changes from the previous instructions, the left bezel of the MFD
will now pop up the GTN750, assuming you have a GTN popup window in your panel.cfg file
with Ident=14401 which the F1GTN config app should have added for you.

Bert

Yeah. Bert for President.

Looks and works great. This could have been a default installation. Just that easy with the right man in office.

Some of the buttons on the MFD even line up. Back, Zoom, Dim=xponder, etc.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Sure... first a 1:1 100% zoom, followed by a 1:1 200% zoom

HDR is off / P3D 2.4

BTW, thanks Bert, it's perfect especially with the 2D popup clickspot.  So when are you going to make your first aircraft hehe?

bertsgtnedit.jpg

One more with the approach loaded and numbers and topo removed

bertsgtnedit2.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |