Sign in to follow this  
CT5

GTN 750 Intergration in MFD

nice.   looks like the same can be done with the gns530 with the appropriate panel ident.  

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Follow on to the above.... here is for the popup.

1. Make a subfolder to your panel folder and call it C2CAR

2. Unzip the contents of the C2CAR.cab file (found in the Gauges folder) into this new folder

3. Open the Toggle10300.xml file (in the new folder) with Notepad.

4. Change    <Click>10300 (>K:PANEL_ID_TOGGLE)</Click>

to    <Click>14401 (>K:PANEL_ID_TOGGLE)</Click>

5. Save the file as "Toggle14401.xml" back into the new folder

If you made the changes from the previous instructions, the left bezel of the MFD

will now pop up the GTN750, assuming you have a GTN popup window in your panel.cfg file

with Ident=14401 which the F1GTN config app should have added for you.

Nice job Bert. Try using this and let me know how you like ----gauge04=F1GTN!GTN750VC, 555,  45, 424, 310, UNIT1

Al Williams

Nice job Bert. Try using this and let me know how you like ----gauge04=F1GTN!GTN750VC, 555,  45, 424, 310, UNIT1

That works fine too, but I really do not need the radio information, since the Collins radios are right next to it..

Also, using the screen in the VC means turning off Instrument Reflections, and even with that, I do not have

access to the Direct-to button.

So, for me, I'll use the popup for interaction and would like the map screen to look as undistorted as possible..

Bert

That works fine too, but I really do not need the radio information, since the Collins radios are right next to it..

Also, using the screen in the VC means turning off Instrument Reflections, and even with that, I do not have

access to the Direct-to button.

So, for me, I'll use the popup for interaction and would like the map screen to look as undistorted as possible..

Good point Bert.

Al Williams

Sorry to come late to the party.... can someone point me to where Carenado said they'll add GTN integration?  Did they make any mention of the RealityXP units? 

Thanks.

Z.

Sorry to come late to the party.... can someone point me to where Carenado said they'll add GTN integration?  Did they make any mention of the RealityXP units? 

Thanks.

Z.

They haven't yet announced anything, but thanks to Bert we can use it in place of the MFD. Some people have sent a support ticket requesting compatibility. 

Thanks.

Z.

Carenado have stated that they intend to provide GTN integration "in the future"..

No mention of RXP units.

Bert

No mention of RXP units.

that would be a commercial mistake as there are more rxp users around than gtn users?

something shiny and new comes along and the poor rxp gets thrown into the trash bin... lol.

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

that would be a commercial mistake as there are more rxp users around than gtn users?

something shiny and new comes along and the poor rxp gets thrown into the trash bin... lol.

I think its more to do with future proofing. RXP is not supported in any way and not used in P3D and FSX-SE

ZORAN

The GTN is overall better than RXP .

But there's two things bugging me:

No DME/radial info when you tune a vor to nav1

and

Some gauge instability issues especially when using a navdatabase different than the extremely dated 1106

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I think the whole point of the GTN's creation was to replace the RXP units.

The GTN is overall better than RXP .

But there's two things bugging me:

No DME/radial info when you tune a vor to nav1

and

Some gauge instability issues especially when using a navdatabase different than the extremely dated 1106

Ryan, what database are you using with your GTN ?

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

So I bit the bullet and purchased the GTN750. i installed it and the trainer. Put Berts mods in with his panel cfg....

Go to FSX - load the Citation and the GTN does not work... I can clisk for the pop up but the screen is blank, cant turn it on...What

What am I missing here...

Thanks

Have you used the GTN configure tool? Should be on desktop or start menu?

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

I see it but what do I do with it? I selected the Citation in the list...Then what?