Sign in to follow this  
Winston

Flight planning

Can anyone tell me how to get the necessary data base loaded into Nav3. The instructions for this planner seem the most straight-forward, however, they are over ten years old and pertain to Flight Simulator 2000, not FSX. I've tried sfp303, but there are no instructions at all for this one. I've tried sfptools and the instructions here are very vague and aimed at the computer knowledgeable guys that know what they are talking about. It uses terms that probably make sense to those folks, but not to me. Any help would be appreciated.

Bob

Bob,

Your question doesn't appear to be related to Radar Contact. Suggest you post in the FSX Forum.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I don't know. Page 21, of the 290 page, "Radar Contact" manual says the first step in flying a mission is to "develop" a flight plan. So far I have not been able to find a flight planner with sufficient, or clear enough, instructions to do this. Maybe someone on the FSX forum can help me? I don't know? Maybe I'm asking the wrong forum. I don't know.

It seems like most of the suggested flight plan developers listed on page 18 of the manjual are either obsolete, no longer available, or cost an arm and a leg such as the Jeppensen flight planner. The two flight planners suggested to me, on this forum, either have no instructions or use terinalogy that I am unfamiliar with.

Bob

Bob,

Ronzie has given you some advice. You could consider FSCommander, FSBuild or PFPX. Some level of competence is required to use them but all come with full instructions.

If you want more help on choosing a planner then post on the FSXForum and give people some idea of your level of experience / competence and FS background to assist them in helping you.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Can I tailgate charlie into this post without starting a new one?  :blush:  Will start one if this is not simple.

Curious If I have a flight plan (PFPX created) and I load it into RC (RC recognizes it perfectly). Is it necessary to actually load the plan into FSX's flight planner too?

It is opened in my FMC (J4100) fine w/o FSX flight planner being involved. Just want to make sure RC's fine too.

Cheers,

Rob Hollis

Rob

"Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it"

You do not need to put it into FSX unless your weather add on requires it.

Thanks Norman - I could not figure out why I would need to....just wanted to be sure for RC sake. (just setting it back up again over the last few days)

I use OpusFSI so do not think it requires it.

Rob

"Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it"

I load the plan into the standard flight plan folder  for your FS version. I also export the plan into a version for my FMC if required such as the proprietary PMDG Smiths FMC format on the B737 series, etc.

I also use the FS format for my weather app (Active Sky) to get better weather migration and weather reports for winds aloft, etc., along the route.

You want your nav instruments synced with the plan that RC gets except perhaps during the last stages of arrival.

Here's a paper I wrote about that based on FSBuild:

Adjust for your facilities.