Sign in to follow this  
paul777

FSX CTD'S WITH NO ERRORS

Hi All,

I am running FSX on windows 7-64bit with computer specs i7-2600 3.40ghz 12GB with a an Invidia 2GB graphics card.

I have Aerosoft airbus and 6 Aerosoft airport sceneries and Active Sky Next. My CFG file has only been tweeked with

HIGHMEMFIX=1. 

I have been experiencing around 3 to 4 CTD'S during the flight. The issue is that there aren't any errors at all. I have checked app-crash and my event viewer but with no error results.

Any help would be very much appreciated thankyou  

Regards

Paul777

If there are no errors in the Event Viewer (under Administrative Events) or AppCrashView, then you did not have a CTD.  The AVSIM CTD Guide provides instructions on exactly where to look in the Event Viewer for an error.  It is impossible for an event not to be recorded if any application crashes.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thankyou so much for your reply. I have read through the guide and gone through my eventviewer/Appcrash and there was nothing there relating to FSX etc. My computer knowledge is not that great and if I did not have CTD'S then why during mid flight would FSX freeze/stop?. And when it does stop or freeze it does return to Desk Top and I have to wait a minute to restart FSX again. Somestimes I think it might be Active Sky that might be the problem as it is updating weather on route etc it causes FSX to stop.

Best Regards

paul777  

What you are stating is impossible. There has to be an Event or Microsoft Error Report. It is impossible to have 2-3 CTD's during a flight. Since you do not have very good knowledge of computers, I suggest you take you system to a computer repair shop or find a friend who has knowledge who can help you. With the information you provided, it is impossible to fix your problem.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10