Sign in to follow this  
Fi5kuS

Problem - FSX limits itself to 30 FPS no matter what

I recently came over a strange problem. I've been using unlimited FPS (set inside FSX) for quite long time now, since it gives me the best performance. Yesterday I downloaded FRAPS just to check my FPS i various situations.

When I start up a flight and pan around, the FPS jumps up and down as it should be. After a few seconds, it locks itself to 30, even if I load up default cessna at an abandoned desert airstrip. So it seems after a while that an external frame limiter is kicking in. I have reviewed all settings in the Nvidia Inspector panel, but there its set to "application control", meaning FSX should take care of it, right? Moreover, I also use the Nvidia Control Panel for DSR resolution settings, and there frame rates are set to "use the 3D application". This also means FSX right? Or are the settings somewhat counteracting each other? Somewhere there's an setting telling FSX to limit FPS to 30, but I can't find it.

Help would be appreciated  ^_^ Happy monday all!

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Update to those who wanna know -->

For some reason its the DSR resolution thats limiting FPS to 30. If I run in windowed mode, FPS shoots up. Anyone know a reason for this? Probably some wrong settings, but I have played with all.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

I have the same problem (is it really a problem ?).  Looking forward to more discussion here.

Dave H.

I have the same problem (is it really a problem ?).  Looking forward to more discussion here.

Dave H.

Well problem and problem. For some people unlimited FPS gives the best performance, including me. 

But anyway, I did some more digging --> Apparently, setting Vsync to adaptive (in NI) gives me extra 30 FPS, so no FPS is capped to 60 even if I start default aircraft at an abandoned airstrip. I can't turn of Vsync either, but it seems adaptive give more FPS to play with, I can clearly notice the difference. 4-5 FPS smoother, at least for me. 

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth