Sign in to follow this  
stephengara

FS2Crew PMDG777 V1.1 vs Aerosoft A318/...RAAS blocked

Hello Support Team,

What can I do to get same RAAS effect (co-pilot help) of AS Airbuses with PMDG B777?

Thanks in advance,

Stephen

I think you are a little confused... RAAS has nothing to do with copilots.... RAAS (Runway Awareness and Advisory System) is an automated system that lets you know when you are approaching a runway...

Hi Stefano,

My confusion it's given by AS A318/319/320/321 RAAS blocked. As you know, n combination with the CHECKLIST function the “Copilot” works timely aligned with the checklist i.e. performs his duties when the task should be done according to the checklist.

This is what I'm looking for PMDG B777 and B737. I'm dreaming?  :wacko:

Thanks,

Stephen

That's what I'm saying. The checklist in the airbus is something made by Aerosoft, you can't have that in any other plane. RAAS is just the little voice that says "Approaching Runway 23", or "Long Landing", among other things. It has nothing to do with the checklists.

That being said, Fs2Crew gives you a copilot for the 777. It's not like the one made by Aerosoft for the Airbus, it's a whole lot more interactive, and it doesn't do everything for you, it just does the things the first officer is supposed to do.

Thanks Stefano again for your explanation. I agree with you in "almost" what you say but Fs2Crew could give the voice to Copilot when he checks several things in the (orange) process. As "Captain" I would like to know what my "Copilot" are doing.  

Cheers,

Stephen