Sign in to follow this  
jcjimmy

Carenado B200 v3 Available

Good news for users of the Carenado B200 King Air. I was just poking around the Carenado website and found that the B200 has been updated. Yea!

Jim Morgan

Well, Good News, Bad News. It seems the control inputs do not work - no ailerons, elevator or rudder. The throttles and prop controls work. I checked the v1.1 and it worked fine.

There was a marked decrease in frame rates. V3 was about -10fps compared to v1.1.

Dan to the rescue!

Jim Morgan

I downloaded the B200 again to see if it was updated. Still no external movement of the elevator, rudder, ailerons, flaps and landing gear. I took it up for a flight and it flew about right except there were no external control movements including gear and flaps. Internally the yoke moved correctly and the trim seemed to work. The gear handle lit up red when transitioning, but did not move. The flaps indicator moved, but the flap handle did not. I hope that helps.

Jim Morgan

Surely they didn't release an update without testing it ? 

I downloaded the B200 again to see if it was updated. Still no external movement of the elevator, rudder, ailerons, flaps and landing gear. I took it up for a flight and it flew about right except there were no external control movements including gear and flaps. Internally the yoke moved correctly and the trim seemed to work. The gear handle lit up red when transitioning, but did not move. The flaps indicator moved, but the flap handle did not. I hope that helps.

Same here...  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

X-Plane%20banner1.jpg

Me too... And with just one download left grrr... I'll wait for the fix confirmation.

Alexander Colka

How embarrassing!  Wow!  OK, there's really no excuse for this!  I'm so sorry; it was simply overlooked.  

I think the only thing I can say is that after bringing over 30 planes to v3, I've been having "updater's fatigue" for some time already (and the beta-testers probably as well), and especially with the B200 I was much more focused on getting the radios and the scroll wheel to work properly, as that was causing me grief during the update process.  

But having said that, all's well that ends well.  It was something exceedingly simple.  New datarefs stepping on old ones.  Fixable with a simple patch.  We'll be sure to have the updated B200 up on Carenado's servers as soon as possible.

I'm not sure if it's been sent out to resellers yet, but in case it has, we'll have to send a file their way and hope they upload/replace it quickly. 

Here's a link to where this file can be downloaded.  Once downloaded, unzip it and put it into the "Custom Avionics>DRFS" folder, overwriting the one that's in there.

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=83088&p=884624

Guys - this is the reason I like X-Plane and Carenado.  They look after their customers.  Never in my flight simulator years - and that has been many - have I ever seen commercial teams more responsive to their customer's needs.

Complain and compare if you will, but these two companies (and most others who provide software in the X-Plane community) are not satisfied with mediocrity and keep working until it is right.

Thanks to all the people who work so hard for us.

John 

John Wingold

Complain and compare if you will, but these two companies (and most others who provide software in the X-Plane community) are not satisfied with mediocrity and keep working until it is right.

Thanks to all the people who work so hard for us.

John

+1

I assume the update has been updated now.

Where can I find the downloadlink?

Leen

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints