Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Guadalupe rain and lightning show right now...(17:10 EST)

great shot ses..you've really got it setup just right :smile:

steve

Thanks Steve,  yes...P3D v2.4 is now 'killa'....

I know there was no rain or lightning in the supplied shot, but I took that as I cleared one of the islands...and then further out to sea, the fun and games began.  It's still happening in the real world as I type.   BTW...man-oh-man...does PrecipitFX really take care of business in the rain department for P3D.  As everybody has stated...no more 'Star Trek' warp field.  Wonderful!  Also, at first, was sorta luke-warm to the Rex Soft Clouds.   You need to tweak and play. Now...I wouldn't fly without 'em...in either P3D.x or FSX:MS

Ses

It's very difficult to get a lightening shot.i've tried a few times and always miss it..and yep precipitFX does the business at last  for rain.that warp effect used to drive me crazy..now i'm waiting for the PMDG 777 so i can add the effects package to it that they have.looks really cool.

great days for us eh ses.

take care

steve

looking out for 2.5 now......

That's a beaut Mr. Sesquaschtoo...! What water theme is that if you don't mind me asking?

That's a beaut Mr. Sesquaschtoo...! What water theme is that if you don't mind me asking?

Rex4 Direct:

Global Water: Set 11 Medium  Default-Proun

Wave Animation: Set 6 (Glimmer)

Rex Soft Clouds: Set 6

great days for us eh ses.

You bet, Steve!   Ready for v2.5 and beyond.... :Applause:

Does PrecipitFX work with Rex 4 - Texture Direct?  It would seem that they might over-write one another?  I would love to get rid of that "warp effect!"

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

yep i use both.no problems that i can see.

REX 4 doesn't as far i as i know have anything to do with any textures that precipitFX installs.

just checked again and there's nothing that could clash.if you want to get rid of the warp effect,get precipitFX.it does a very good job on it without any negative impact.very good support with updates coming along all the time

steve

Cool - I'm getting it today.  Thanks, Rick

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale