Sign in to follow this  
brynjames

Faster ATC Speech

Is there any add-on which speeds up Microsoft FSX ATC speech?

Some time ago I heard a youtube video that definitely sounded like standard FSX ATC, but with a much faster delivery, and shorter pauses. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find it again.

I'm pretty sure it was not one of the current stand-alone ATC programs like Pro ATC or Radar Contact.

Any ideas what it might have been?

Bryn

Look up editvoicepack. He just released a new version for FSX and P3D.

P3D v4, REX SF3D, AS16, ENVTex, PTA 2.60, FSDT KDFW, KLAS, KLAX, KORD, KJFK, KSFD, KIAH, KMEM, KCLT FlightBeam KDEN, KIAD, KPHX, KSFO, KMSP

ASUS Z97 Pro + Wifi, Intel i7 4990k 4.0GHz, EVGA NVidia 970 4GB DDR5, Corsair 16GB DDR3 2400, Samsung SSD 850 250GB, 2x Acer 32" Monitor

The new version of EVP is payware. It it that much different than the older versions that are free?

I'm reinstalling after several years and I wondering whether purchasing the product is the way to go or whether I should just download the free version and install my backup EVP file.

Thanks.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Thanks for the replies.

I used EditVoicePack long ago, but at that time faster speech wasn't one of the options.  Good to see it is included in the new payware version.

Was faster speech included in the last freeware version?

Bryn

Thanks for the replies.

I used EditVoicePack long ago, but at that time faster speech wasn't one of the options.  Good to see it is included in the new payware version.

Bryn

Faster speech has always been in the free version

Faster or slower speech has always been a feature of Editvoicepack.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

How is Editvoicepack X different from Editvoicepack XL? Is it worth the expense to upgrade, would like to support the developer, but not if it isn't significantly better. I will be eventually moving to a 3rd party ATC.

May I ask whether Editvoicepack has the ability to use European controller or pilot voices?

Nay. Just what's available in FSX/P3D.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

The new version is compatible with FSX-SE, P3d 2.4 and FSX Gold.

I saw no need to rework the voice pack for P3Dv2.4 at all. I simply copy/pasted the one I created with the 'free version' of EVP for FSX to both FSX:SE and P3Dv2.4.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I saw no need to rework the voice pack for P3Dv2.4 at all. I simply copy/pasted the one I created with the 'free version' of EVP for FSX to both FSX:SE and P3Dv2.4.

I did the same (copy/paste the whole Editvoice folder from my FSX:MS to my new FSX:SE) but the voice is still slow in FSX:SE. What am I missing here? Of course, I do not want to affect my old FSX:MS in anyway.

Thanks.

Cheers,