Sign in to follow this  
Phillip Gallagher

Lear 24B Engines cut-out

Every flight I've done so far has resulted in 1 or both engines burning out during different stages of flight.  Just wondering why this is happening.   

It happens when the oil temperature exceeds limits. Sometimes I can get an air restart and others not. Anyone know how to keep the oil temps down and/or do an in flight engine start?

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

The manual mentions (p34) turn realism switch OFF if you run the LJ24B hard.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Love the aircraft.  Is the realism switch off when the toggle is up or down?  Tool-tips doesn't show.  Mine's always down.  Also, if realism switch is on, how do you keep the oil temperature within limits?  I try and baby the aircraft, but the oil temp won't come down.  Thanks again.

Don't know, just read the manual ... no real flights yet .. stuck at the gate during setup and training.

Best Regards,

Love the aircraft. 

Its always a toss up between this and the 777 when I fire up the sim. The lear is amazing

I also get flame outs and as far as Im aware the reality switch is off be default but I will indeed RTFM again when I get back to the sim as its very annoying to end a flight this way but also good fun trying out a forced landing

ZORAN

It happens when the oil temperature exceeds limits. Sometimes I can get an air restart and others not. Anyone know how to keep the oil temps down and/or do an in flight engine start?

The developer today mentioned where to find updates / bugs section on his LJ24B:

I went and took a look here:

http://www.lionheartcreations.com/LJ24B.html

I noticed :

"  Engine temps adjusted to proper redlines and running temp ranges with 720C being redline.  

'Realism Mode' adjusted for higher temp rangers"

Is oil temp part of this?

Note:

I am new to the LH LJ24B.

Best Regards,

Vonmar-I had installed this update/bug when it first came out.  I'm going to flip the realism switch the other way and see what happens.

vp49p3,

I have only flown it in FSX a little bit and did have one engine flameout/ failure ... but did not really know what caused it.

Just learning it.

In P3D I have really only set up FSUIPC with the LJ24B and spent most of my time setting up P3D / scenery and small tests with all aircraft (purchased).

It will be good information / feedback you could provide ... so others know what to expect.

Best Regards,

Vonmar-I'm in P3Dv2.3 only, so I have no knowledge of FSX experiences.  I flipped the "activate realism" switch to the up position and pushed the engines very hard--up to 96% throttle to 44,700 feet then down to 31,000 feet at over 250kts IAS on the descent, slowing only when the wing temp went in the yellow.  No flame-outs after about 45 minutes.  The oil temp gauges stayed at the redline for all but the beginning 5 minutes of the flight, but still no flame-outs.  My suggestion is to fly it with the realism switch in the up position.  I will do that, and if my experience changes, I will post.

Ok, Up position it will be.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Had a great flight in the Lear today.  Two hours at 39k.  Absolutely no problems--all systems worked as advertised. Landed perfectly. Flights like this make our hobby/obsession all worthwhile.