Sign in to follow this  
SuperCell

FlyTheMaddog Hamatchi

Where do we find the IP and port for Hamachi? I have a hamachi network setup with an IP and a weird port number... So when connecting would we use that IP or an IP that our router uses? And  how do I get the port for hamachi? http://www.flythemaddog.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=3703 this tutorial is really out dated.

You need to set the port forwarding on your router http://ovpa1.webs.com/apps/documents/ check this on the last page and search info on how to do it with your router model.

MD-80 SHARED COCKPIT HARDWARE & SETUP

Yes on Hamachi you should create a VPN between you and your buddy.

Create a network giving a name and password then the buddy should join on it.

Your IP is the one with 4 group with a dot xx.xxx.xxx.xx it can vary befor the slash.

then check the tutorial you metion.

Don't forget to disable the firewall both of you.

Hope this help

Didn't work, plis help Haelp! We did all teh steps and nothing worked. Can you go step by step plis. MusicalAviator said he would post video, but not now. So plis haelp till then.

As I mentioned during our chat, there is no need to run Hamachi (this was a hold over from FS9).

Simply enter the Host Address in the Maddog Manager and Startup program, enter 26769 in the lower entry for port (the top entry is not needed as it is for the Control Panel).

Then use the Connect as PF and PNF functions available via the Addon Menu when in the Sim. Connect via this at the same time.

If you can't get this to work, it's likely due to one or both of the computers not being properly setup for networking, anti-virus, or a software/hardware firewall issue.  DO NOT DISABLE THESE FEATURES as you'll be placing your computer at INCREDIBLE RISK.  Just allow FSX in the software firewall and forward the ports per the Port Forwarding website.  That website also has a free Port Checker you can use to see if the Port Forwarding was done correctly.

I'll mention this one more time... Do NOT, under ANY circumstances, disable your Anti-virus, Software or Hardware Firewalls, or run your Hardware Fireall in the DMZ - it's FAR TO RISKY and you stand a very good chance of having your computer walloped but good.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

My anti-virus and firewall have been disabled for years haha oh well. I don't know why you're mentioning port 26769 as it's not even one of my open ports. Here is what I did... I opened

Maddog 26867 to 26869 TCP & UDP

FSX SimConnect6112 to 6122 TCP & UDP
VATSIM Peer To Peer3 2062 to 32062 UDP
DirectXa23456 to 23456TCP & UDP
DirectXb 6073 to 6073 TCP
DirectXc 47624 to 47624 TCP & UDP 
DirectXd 2300 to 2400 TCP & UDP

for my netgear wdr3700...

I created a network which was created from my ipv4 address (192.168.1.9) and added an extra number after 9 like the tutorial says, so it's 192.168.1.90 which all the ports are opened from. Then I (AND HIM) used the bottom field in the maddog control panel and entered 192.168.1.90 for the ip and 26869 for the port... we then spawned at the same airport, same ramp, same panel state, i pressed connect as PF, waited 5 seconds, and he pressed connect as PNF... BOOM! nothing happened...

some of your tutorials say wait 10 seconds, others say do it at the same time. 

if its really as simple as you say it is, i just enter my ip address which is  67.164........ then enter that port you told me? Why that port, just curious? Then we hit connect at the same time?

PLEASE respond just for clarification. 

The IP Address that you're using is incorrect (it's an internal, non-routable IP Address which won't work).

Remember our chat conversation?  You need to use your external ((Internet IP).  There is no need to create any network (the Internet is your network), and even if you wanted to use a created network you can't use a non-routable IP address such as you are using.

Just use the Internet IP address of the host.  Google "What is my IP", and use that IP address.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Yeah... that's what is said at the end. Thanks man. There is no way it's this easy... I'll try again tomorrow. Again though, what is my port going to be?

Okay, we tried my internet ip... 67.164..... then port 26769 and port 26869, and they both didn't work.

Sorry to hear that.  It's difficult, if not impossible to say what the problem is then, likely the security software on one or both computers but that is absolutely a guess as it could be many different things or a combination of things. 

You didn't include the results of the Port Checker, how did that come out?  Take a screen shot on both computers and post back here.

Dave Hodges

We both have to open the port? And what port? 26769 or  26869. I opened these ports from the netgear site, but they don't show up in the port checker... sigh

As I mentioned during our chat, there is no need to run Hamachi (this was a hold over from FS9).

Simply enter the Host Address in the Maddog Manager and Startup program, enter 26769 in the lower entry for port (the top entry is not needed as it is for the Control Panel).

Then use the Connect as PF and PNF functions available via the Addon Menu when in the Sim. Connect via this at the same time.

If you can't get this to work, it's likely due to one or both of the computers not being properly setup for networking, anti-virus, or a software/hardware firewall issue.  DO NOT DISABLE THESE FEATURES as you'll be placing your computer at INCREDIBLE RISK.  Just allow FSX in the software firewall and forward the ports per the Port Forwarding website.  That website also has a free Port Checker you can use to see if the Port Forwarding was done correctly.

I'll mention this one more time... Do NOT, under ANY circumstances, disable your Anti-virus, Software or Hardware Firewalls, or run your Hardware Fireall in the DMZ - it's FAR TO RISKY and you stand a very good chance of having your computer walloped but good.

Please re-read my post above from this thread, it will answer your question regarding the Port, and how to ensure it is open.

What we need to know is whether the port is TRULY open on both computers.  The Port Checker referenced above will tell you that.  If the ports are TRULY open, FSX is an allowed process in both software firewalls, then it should work. If it doesn't, then you need to back up, and start checking and proving things out one step at a time.  It's not a plug and play application, you'll have to really put forth some effort to figure out why your computers are not communicating.

Also, be sure that you both are not using a pirated copy of the software. If so, it will never work due to the coding.  I'm not saying that you are, I offer this for troubleshooting purposes only.

Dave Hodges