Sign in to follow this  
Capt Speirs

To MD-11 or not to MD-11

I am a great fan of PMDG products, my question; is there any reason I shouldn't get the PMDG MD-11? I am running Steve's DX 10 Fixer and not sure if this is going to be an issue in regards to how old this product is. Thanks in advance for your time and input.

thousands of dollars worth of payware and the md11 is my most flown....love her so much(the plane not my wife)

Go for it.  DX10 fixer works just fine with it.  This bird is still a favorite in my hangar.  I almost fly cargo exclusively these days.  No virtual schedule to meet and no whining virtual passengers either  :P

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Chalk up another vote for me. Lots of character. Will be some challenge to land her right at first. FMC and functions are  like a cross between Boeing and Airbus.

Its a shame that she didnt get updated, even just visually, but nonetheless highly recommended.

If you really want to master her well, then I would also recommend the Angle of Attack MD11 Training.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Thanks everyone, gonna get the old gal. Oh wow, I just realized, I will then have all the PMDG birds.  :blink:

Let us know how you like her? Great plane there is a reason why you can't find her being discounted or on sale, from any vender...

MD-11 is well worth it, you will definitely enjoy it. I would say after the NGX it is my most flown aircraft. I don't understand why it didn't sell as well as the NGX or 777. I mean I know PMDG said why it didn't, but I think it is a stupid reason.

Samuel Scully

Let us know how you like her? Great plane there is a reason why you can't find her being discounted or on sale, from any vender...

First impression is very good, a real bear to get off the ground. She's a bit more complex than what  I expected, but after watching a few tutorials I think she'll be fine. BTW, she has got some raw power, wow!

MD-11 is well worth it, you will definitely enjoy it. I would say after the NGX it is my most flown aircraft. I don't understand why it didn't sell as well as the NGX or 777. I mean I know PMDG said why it didn't, but I think it is a stupid reason.

I think what may have done her in is the complexity of the MD-11 and textures, they show there age quite well. Little bit of a learning curve there, but when it is accomplished there will be a real sense of satisfaction. I have been looking for better repaints and was only able to find the ones from McPhat worthy of dressing her with. Are there any other better repaints?

First impression is very good, a real bear to get off the ground. She's a bit more complex than what  I expected, but after watching a few tutorials I think she'll be fine. BTW, she has got some raw power, wow!

I think what may have done her in is the complexity of the MD-11 and textures, they show there age quite well. Little bit of a learning curve there, but when it is accomplished there will be a real sense of satisfaction. I have been looking for better repaints and was only able to find the ones from McPhat worthy of dressing her with. Are there any other better repaints?

Yeah, she really hauls on takeoff, doesn't she!?

Honestly, this aircraft deserves a 2.0 version after the 747.

I have been looking for better repaints and was only able to find the ones from McPhat worthy of dressing her with. Are there any other better repaints?

On PMDG's site, there is an entire "add-on liveries" section. There should be plenty of goodies there. Enjoy! I've really been missing the MD11 since FS9 (never got the FSX version).

I believe I paraphrase RHR correctly from when the MD-11 was released- she has more automation than the B777. Years ahead of it's time... if only those GE-90's were available then.....

Bruce.

On PMDG's site, there is an entire "add-on liveries" section. There should be plenty of goodies there. Enjoy! I've really been missing the MD11 since FS9 (never got the FSX version).

Compared to McPhat they are pretty awful, but free.