Sign in to follow this  
Capt Speirs

To MD-11 or not to MD-11

I am a great fan of PMDG products, my question; is there any reason I shouldn't get the PMDG MD-11? I am running Steve's DX 10 Fixer and not sure if this is going to be an issue in regards to how old this product is. Thanks in advance for your time and input.

don't forget the FS2CREW package for the MD11 

One of the best planes made by PMDG in my humble opinion. It has so much more character than the 777 in real life and PMDG managed to capture that in the sim. 

Get it!!

As I recall PMDG did state that they made a loss but never disclosed how many they sold in the FS9 and FSX Package.

Still my favourite too and after you have flown it a few times you won't be interested in flying anything else.

I also would reccomend the ITVV Martinair MD-11 DVD where the crew show you so much about what the MD is capable of and including a flight from EHAM -LEPA - EHAM. A loveable DVD.  :P

http://www.itvv.com/pages.php?pageid=50143418

Dave Taylor gb.png

About 25 pages of repaints by Lee Marrow in Avsim Library at http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=lee+marrow&CatID=fsxacrp&Go=Search. You will probably need to login to the library before using this link.

Lee's reprints are terrific...I fly his HD FedEx livery all the time. Great paints for a great aircraft.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Lee's reprints are terrific...I fly his HD FedEx livery all the time. Great paints for a great aircraft.

How would you compare them to McPhat repaints?

Love the old "widget" repaint! MD-11 still gets a lot of hours. It will never go out of style.

Chees,

Todd

ATP MEL

Commercial SEL

B-747, BE-300, BE-400, DHC8, ERJ 170/190, MU-300

C-17A Globemaster III

How would you compare them to McPhat repaints?

Lee's repaints are better with a bigger selection of liveries. He use to work for McPhat. I have a five pack of McPhat's liveries that I don't even use because if Lee's repaints.

IMHO Lee´s HD paints are better than the McPhat ones, and there is enough variety to keep anyone happy.

As for the MD-11, get it ! It is still one of the best aircraft available, and is far more interesting than 777s and 320s. This one should be in everyone's virtual hangar.

Terry Burns

Lee's repaints are better with a bigger selection of liveries. He use to work for McPhat. I have a five pack of McPhat's liveries that I don't even use because if Lee's repaints.

I agree...Lee's paints are more subtle and realistic, IMO, without the excessive shine that some of McPhat's liveries have. And Lee's are easier on the memory usage, too....at least his FedEx livery is!

16318527646_db6c875719_b.jpgMD-11a by wklockner, on Flickr

16342732051_6b345c8122_b.jpgMD-11b by wklockner, on Flickr

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Very nice. Could you share it please?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Very nice. Could you share it please?

If by sharing you mean the FedEx livery shown in my screenshots above: http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fsxacrp&DLID=151783 ,  the file name is pmdg_md11f_fdx_hd.zip

Search the AVSIM library for "Lee Marrow" (without the quotation marks) for many great repaints.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

An alternative to that Martinair ITVV DVD, watch the Pilots'Eye Lufthansa MD-11F flight to Quito.