Sign in to follow this  
Jackson2207

FSX Sudden FPS Drop

Hello AVSIM users, this is my first post, hooray for me!

Anyway, I had performed a 3 hr flight from Dubai to Cairo with PMDG 777. (Default scenery)

I got around 30fps with the wing view and started off with 15 fps when loading up the cockpit, taking only mere seconds to go up to 25-30fps.

Later that day, I went back on and the whole game dropped from 30fps (average) to 7fps or lower, nothing changed and I have tried deleting the fsx.cfg and tried the uiautomationcore.dll deletion, but to no avail. I am currently defragging the hard disk and I believe it will not work. Also I can't replace the hardware in my FS computer as it is a Macbook. Here are the specs:

Macbook Pro 15" Mid 2012 

2.3ghz (Quad Core)Intel Core i7

Nvidia Geforce GT650M? 1GB VRAM

8GB DDR3 RAM

Windows 7 64-bit.

Please help.

Thank you in advance.

Hello AVSIM users, this is my first post, hooray for me!

Anyway, I had performed a 3 hr flight from Dubai to Cairo with PMDG 777. (Default scenery)

I got around 30fps with the wing view and started off with 15 fps when loading up the cockpit, taking only mere seconds to go up to 25-30fps.

Later that day, I went back on and the whole game dropped from 30fps (average) to 7fps or lower, nothing changed and I have tried deleting the fsx.cfg and tried the uiautomationcore.dll deletion, but to no avail. I am currently defragging the hard disk and I believe it will not work. Also I can't replace the hardware in my FS computer as it is a Macbook. Here are the specs:

Macbook Pro 15" Mid 2012 

2.3ghz (Quad Core)Intel Core i7

Nvidia Geforce GT650M? 1GB VRAM

8GB DDR3 RAM

Windows 7 64-bit.

Please help.

Thank you in advance.

try limiting to 25 internaly, if that does not work try limiting it externally at 30 http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/1598-fps-limiter-02/

Thanks, that worked (I think), but even on lowest settings, Orbx NZNI is very stuttery and problematic. :(  What settings should I run Orbx NZNI scenery?

And there's a big black stream coming from the back of the aircraft (or should I say black of the aircraft lol; flying all blacks 77W)

Thanks, that worked (I think), but even on lowest settings, Orbx NZNI is very stuttery and problematic. :(  What settings should I run Orbx NZNI scenery?

You don't have a good enough ghz to run with that sort of scenery

Even with quad core? It's smooth very rarely in the scenery, usually it drops to 16fps.

Plus, what specs should I use for my system that I'm building.

if HT is on try adding an AM to fsx.cfg:

[JOBSCHEDULER]

AffinityMask=168

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Even with quad core? It's smooth very rarely in the scenery, usually it drops to 16fps.

Plus, what specs should I use for my system that I'm building.

you still have 2.3 ghz even with quad core fsx won't be that good with addon scenery

I see, still works but kind of slow, what is the next best Intel processor below Devils Canyon QC6ghz. (Heard it was limited edition :( )

What is HT?

Hyperthreading, it's when your 4 cores are split into 8 logical processors. So when HT is enabled you use an AM to ensure the first FSX thread has a core to itself. That's why you need to set your AM=168.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Looking at your system specs and the type of addon your using it is likely an issue with the processor more than anything else. FSX is very processor heavy and all those posts you see on Youtube using that 777 are running CPU processors with 8 core  3.5 gig and overclock them to around 4. 

Regarding the  uiautomationcore.dll deletion . I would put it back on your system since windows 7 and 8 need this file to run correctly. I like you did a lot of study here but to make a long story short my deleting this file from it's location in windows caused me to reload windows after a while. The Steam Edition actually puts this dll in FSX as part of the improvement.  Check out the FSX performance tweaking by FSX Genius  and some other known fixes by flightsim addict both on Youtube. 

PS: on the Flightsim Addict guy you might want to use fast forward a lot. He's a great guy but sometimes he becomes very long winded.