Sign in to follow this  
Marc Muller

2 problems with the citation

hello everybody

i bought the Citation II a few days ago, and must say, i am really happy with it. Unfortunately i do experience a strange Sound Problem. When i open the Speed Brakes during flight, i hear this Special Sound from the Spoilers, but when i retract them, the Sound continues to be played until touchdown, then it stops. If i take off again on the same flight, the Sound starts playing upon taking off again.

also, is there a way to silence the gear horn? I can't seem to press that button on the Panel? is there a Keyboard shortcut for it?

many thanks

Marc

I did notice too that the Gear Horn button does not work ....

Not sure what your other noise is - it does sound like the spoiler is still extended.  Are you using an axis for the spoiler, or juts a single key press?

Perhaps the Citation II is not recognising the spoiler as being fully retracted and is therefore still playing the sound?

I caught that sound yesterday!!!!!!!, is the "AB1" sound file from the CarSoundC550 sound folder, I suppose AB stands for Air Brake, it should be a kind of warning or air brake extension sound?, I don't know...hope some one can clarify this...

I caught it when I received a phone call and pressed mute and there's a weird sound going on, in mute is pretty clear to listen at it...try it out, Craig

hi again....i found out the Problem with the Spoilers Sound...it happens only when you use the Spoilers with a Joystick axis, and not when you just use a keypress...i configured a keypress on my throttle quad for the speedbrakes now, and i don t have that annoying Sound anymore...

now just trying to figure out the gear warning horn. when i edit the aircraft.cfg file, and setup the following

gear_warning_available=0

then nothing happens, and i still get the warning Sound....any Body knows a way around this?

thanks a lot

Marc

Guest BeaverDriver

Unfortunately it's hardwired in by Carenado. Myself and a friend have been trying to mute this since the day it came out. If you simply remove the sound file, it will crash the sim. No working Mute button and apparently no way to remove the trigger for it. All you can do is contact Carenado (good luck with that :blush: ).

Just an idea, you can open the sound file with an editor and reduce the volume and save again.

Yep, I did it with Audacity, I opened the file there and mute it complete, now it doesn't sounds anymore! :)