Sign in to follow this  
Skywatcher

Active Sky

I have Active Sky Evolution on my home PC. Can I also install and use it on my laptop? I would only be using one computer at any given time so would not be attempting to make 2 connections at the same time. I would either be using one or the other. (PC or laptop)

Secondly, any tips to get the best fps possible in bad weather? I find I can max everything out in FS9 and use the iFly 737 with constant fps but when I have bad weather, the fps really drops. All other times fps are always very steady even using FS9 default bad weather. Issues only occur with Active Sky bad weather. I've been using the default FS9 textures, no mods there.

Mark Daniels

-----snip

Secondly, any tips to get the best fps possible in bad weather? I find I can max everything out in FS9 and use the iFly 737 with constant fps but when I have bad weather, the fps really drops. All other times fps are always very steady even using FS9 default bad weather. Issues only occur with Active Sky bad weather. I've been using the default FS9 textures, no mods there.

I use a much earlier version but to keep performance up and for best weather dynamics:

1. Use archived weather as opposed to real time. I use saved flights on FS time. I do not use system time. I download the weather archive for the universal (Z) date time of takeoff. This way I do not worry about what timezone my flight origination is in.

2. Load your flight plan into AS so it only needs to generate weather along your path. (My fuel planner, FS Build, connects to the weather snapshot (the archived weather).

Base your FS performance quality at cruise level, not clogged by ai and airport scenery.