Sign in to follow this  
Silver_Dragon

FSX: SE. A Dead End?

JJib, what you said about a clever trick with the zoom in SE caught my attention.  What did they do? 

Here:

http://www.simforums.com/forums/steam-version-of-fsx_topic50967.html

To be honest I can´t  find that specific thing about the zoom and who wrote it, had too many pints of lager, sorry!

At least have a laugh about how Nick Needham treat this whole cirkus, wonder why he not participate here anymore???

So its features/functionality can't changed but anything can be changed just as bugs and performance?

Most of would be more happy with FSX with those two provided.

That's the confusing part. FSX: SE has better VAS management, and they just released a patch that improves framerate performance up to 10%, but according to them, they are not allowed to make performance improvements.

they are not allowed to make performance improvements.

Perhaps Dovetail knows the licence better than you do. Remember, there is a difference between features/functionality and perfomance - they are not the same..

Perhaps Dovetail knows the licence better than you do. Remember, there is a difference between features/functionality and perfomance - they are not the same..

When did I confuse the two?

I said

FSX: SE has better VAS management, and they just released a patch that improves framerate performance up to 10%

Again, they've stated any changes to the core code falls outside their licensing agreement.

Again, they've stated any changes to the core code falls outside their licensing agreement.

Where does Microsoft/DoveTail say that?

Where does Microsoft/DoveTail say that?

Just look at their DTG's Facebook page as others have linked.

WleHKss.png

Just look at their DTG's Facebook page as others have linked.

If it's on Facebook it must be true. So DoveTail will have to remove any performance improvements and revert to the original FSX won't it?

If it's on Facebook it must be true. So DoveTail will have to remove any performance improvements and revert to the original FSX won't it?

No, of course not.

No, of course not.

Why not, if the licence terms have been breached?

Surely, it's probably likely that  Microsoft and DoveTail  had a clause in the licence that defines something like  "core simulator means...."  Otherwise what  do the words core simulation actually mean? A clause none of us can be aware of.

Are you not either a student, instructor or staff associated with  academic education?

That's not how the license reads. I'm a software engineer at a university, so staff...at a medical school, not a flight school, and we don't teach doctors how to operate the copters in "Flight For Life" :D I talked to n4gix, he gave the me the scoop.

That's not how the license reads. I'm a software engineer at a university, so staff...at a medical school, not a flight school, and we don't teach doctors how to operate the copters in "Flight For Life" :D I talked to n4gix, he gave the me the scoop.

Did you read the licence yourself? I did.

Is there another page? If so, they should update their site...

I am refering to the licence which has been on the site for a long time.

Why not, if the licence terms have been breached?

Surely, it's probably likely that  Microsoft and DoveTail  had a clause in the licence that defines something like  "core simulator means...."  Otherwise what  do the words core simulation actually mean? A clause none of us can be aware of.

I'm not going to play armchair lawyer.

If they say they can't improve the performance of the sim, only implement it into Steam, and sell DLC, then that's fine with me. If they do improve the sim's performance despite saying they can't, then that's fine with me too

I don't care.

I'm not going to play armchair lawyer.

When then did you claim "they are not allowed to make performance improvements"?